Generations are only Deluxes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i keep hearing that, but dont ever remember hearing it from Hasbro-where did that idea come from?

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    So far from what we've seen is that the line only has Deluxes in it. That's not to say that we won't get anything bigger (or smaller) in the future.

3. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    "Universe 2.0" had one new Voyager mold IIRC. So not entirely unprecidented.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Go back to Botcon 2009 and there was mention from Hasbro that "Universe/Classics" toys would return "but maybe only the deluxe pricepoint". So this is what I've expect since last summer.

However, Bludgeon is somewhat "classics-like", and some might say Seaspray is too. "Generations" being only a deluxe doesn't mean Hasbro can't make a "Classics" figure that's not a deluxe. Store exclusives repaints can pop-up or new molds can be made but they'll be part of the "movie" line. U2 Inferno could be remolded as Grapple and put into the movie voyager assortment. With all the movie pricepoints, plus PCC, plus Generations, Hasbro probably thought there just wasn't room(retail store shelf space) to make another separate voyager assortment.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

But three Ultra molds.

I do hope they change that. The bulk of my collection and display are in the Deluxe class, but I would like to see larger scale characters get larger toys.

6. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    I'm actually the other way around, I'd love to see some Classics/Universe/Generations scout class.

7. 1987olds442

1987olds442 Cam Maximus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    100% Agreed

8. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Hopefully the Powerglide, Onslaught, and Silverbolt molds did well enough to warrant a return of the larger classes.

9. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    To me, Voyager Seaspray is definitely a classics design and will be joining my classics shelf. The box is "Transformers", but it really seems to fit the Generations line better.

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was wondering that as well. Even though my favorite Classes are Legend, Scout, Deluxe, and Voyager, having Generations be Deluxe only is a small disappointment.

But hey, it's better than nothing.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    we still need a voyager grapple though

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I hope we see a variety of class sizes in generation

13. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Totally. I would expect to see any larger "generations" figure slid into the Rotf line.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's still really early in the Generations line so it's hard to say what Hasbro has planned. It could be that a lot of the stuff is being held back to show at Bot Con and there could be bigger figures or smaller figures planned for early next year that wasn't ready for show yet.

Plus for some odd reason the hybrids always get listed as movie figures even though they could fit into other collections.

15. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I agree. The recen't scouts have been great. It'd be cool to get a G1 Bumblebee in a scout class figure.

16. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I already have it...oh wait...I just repainted Inferno.

17. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:

a lof of the stuff is being held back....... only future waves of already announced assortments. Toyfair is to sell assortments to retailers and have them commit shelfspace to those assortments. If there was going to be some Generations pricepoint besides deluxe, there would have been something at toyfair.

That said... toyfair is supposed to cover like the first 3/4 of the year, so maybe there's a chance of more pricepoints at the end of 2010/beginning of 2011, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Some odd reason hybrids are always movie figures? The reason's not odd at all... the movie line sells better. Now, I don't mean the type of box a figure is in will make it sell better, but the assortments of movie figures do sell better, thus there is a justification for more assortments of movie figures.

Yep, Seaspray could easily pass as a voyager Generations figure. But Hasbro doesn't have plans to make a full assortment of voyager Generations figures and at least doesn't expect stores to carry and allocate shelfspace for so many multiple pricepoints in multiple TF lines. So, just collapse all the voyagers into the catchall "Hunt for the Decepticons" line.

Similarly, this is probably kinda how Generations gets a deluxe pricepoint. That pricepoint seems to be the best seller, so it has the best justification for expanding to multiple assortments: Generations deluxe figures and Movie deluxe figures, plus the PCC 2-packs are nearly deluxes as well.

18. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd find it funny of Omega Supreme was released as a Scout.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
  20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    NM, misread your post...
    uh... what? are you talking about OMEGA SPREEM? cuz he's a different dude...

this is exactly what's happening... which works for me, since i mix lines how i see fit, instead of letting a box dictate where i put my toys...