Repro/Sticker: Generations and Worlds Smallest Boxes and More!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by PrimulArchangel, Apr 19, 2011.

1. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all :) 

Been a while since i posted any of my work and a couple people asked me to post so thought i would post some up for you to check out. I have been making a bunch of Worlds Smallest Boxes and have been messing around with Generations G1 Style boxes as well as a custom Generations box using the theme from the carded figures. I havent made too many Generations because cool box art is hard to find. So i have only dont boxes for Red Alert, Drift and Cliffjumper. Yes i know CJ wasn't generations but he is part of the whole G1 Updated deal lol

Ok to start off ill show my WST boxes since thats the one i have the most of :) 

Updated with Universe Box Layout.
    I finished up my Universe style box. I may tweak it a little bit more but for the most part it is finished. So i threw Cliffjumper on it and it looks pretty darn nice :) . I decided not use have a flap on this one and just make it a square box. This was done totally from scratch with the exception of the TF name logo, box art and the 2 pics used on the bottom that shows other figures. Other then that it was done from scratch. Have a look :) 

Generations Blurr.
    [​IMG]

Universe Starscream Box
    Made this for my Starscream. It will hold the original bubble with no problem but i think ill make a foam tray for it instead since the box is larger then the bubble and it moves around alot. I pretty much knew i would have to go with a foam tray in the end.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Classics Bumblebee box work in progress
    [​IMG]

Cliffjumper Universe Box.work in progress
    [​IMG]

Optimus Prime cab only box.
    [​IMG]

Blaster . This one just has Blaster on the front of the box .
    [​IMG]

Blaster and Steeljaw. Yup this one has steeljaw on the front with blaster. I did two version of blaster because some people wanted steeljaw and some didnt.
    [​IMG]

Red Alert
    [​IMG]

Sideswipe
    [​IMG]

Jazz
    [​IMG]

Prowl
    [​IMG]

Hot Rod
    [​IMG]

Tracks. Made for the hard to find custom made WST figure.
    [​IMG]

Dinobots!! Full G1 look. I even recolord Swoops box art so it matched the toy and cartoon.

Megatron I also made a Blue legged version of Megs.
    [​IMG]

Soundwave with Ravage
    [​IMG]

Starscream
    [​IMG]

Shockwave
    [​IMG]

Thrust
    [​IMG]

Generations Drift. I tried to duplicate the overall look of the cards the figures came on. I think i came pretty damn close to it. I found a really cool pic of Drift with his swords out that framed the box window perfectly. I have to make the swords longer cause they were only showing a small portion of the bottom sword. I really like how this one came out. The camera flash bleached to colors a bit but in person the colors are strong.
    [​IMG]

Generations Red Alert G1 style box. Pretty much a G1 box with generations Red Alerts box art and toy images. I really like the look of this as well .
    [​IMG]

Omnibots . Im calling this a Teletran One style box. Think of it as if you are holding a laptop. You lift the cover and on the inside cover you have a computer screen displaying the 3 Omnibots and there alt modes. I tried to make it look like you were seeing security camera video feeds for each character. The box window also looks like a computer screen and has an over overlay to place over the toys once they are in there insert. This will make the toys look as if they are on a screen as well. Im hoping the person i made this for will send me pics of the toys in the box.. Im also doing a Powerdashers box as well in the same style.

Recorder Robot aka Cassette Man aka Soundwave!! .. this is a replica of the Italian GiG Diaclone Soundwave box. Its pretty much an exact replica of the original box.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ok thats about it for now :)  Let me know what you all think of them or if you have any ideas or anything. If you are interested in anything just check out my sale thread for all the info :) 

Thanks for look and hope you enjoyed them :) 

-Curt

Attached Files:

2. nemesisred

nemesisred Well-Known Member

The Generation boxes are F-ing Sweet please do more and also the classics too! Please Please!!

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Dude, I love that Drift box! I'd love to see some Generations boxes for guys like Jazz, Tracks, Wheeljack, Scourge, Cyclonus, the Seekers, etc. What do you normally charge for a box for deluxe and voyager sizes?

4. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad you guys like them. Im actually working on a Classics theme box right now. Ill probably do a Cliffjumper box next since CJ is the only other decent box art i have for the lines. I really want to do more of the boxes , the only problem is there is no decent box art of those guys. You got the art on there cards but its not all that great for boxes and would take alot of time to copy the art. I been thinking of asking a buddy of mine that draws TFs art to do some box art for me but i got to see what he will charge me first . You can check my sale thread for more info on stuff or PM me , the link to my sale thread is in my signature. You can see more boxes on my site , link for that is also in my sig :) 

5. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awesome work dude !!

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    killer work. man. stunning accuracy and details.

7. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    superb work bro
    i love the omnibots box

8. mstyger87

mstyger87 mastercon

man i love the generations ones, i love how you keep it g1 but add to it, this is what i want to do for my customs, but o man that would take forever, anyways man, love the work looking forward to seeing some more

9. valguerra

valguerra Well-Known Member

Boxes are kool. Let me know what are your looking for art? i have some in my server, some old ones and modern one.

10. Darth Wave

Darth Wave Well-Known Member

hey dude nice work!
    So have you tried to solve the issue with white edges on the boxes???

11. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Omnibots! Maybe the only Autobot I really like is Downshift.
    Extrapoints here! ;) 

All the other boxes a great too. Especially Drifts.

12. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I could use a couple of them boxes.

13. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad everyone is liking these :) 

The only way to solve it is to dump a boat load of cash ona large format printer so i can print a layout all in one piece or find a print ship that would look past the TF copyright lol which will never happen..

I actually did find a print shop that would print my stuff but i would have to print at least 200 boxes on the same design and to even see a discount i would have to print at least 800 to 1000.. So not really worth it.

If they would let me mix it up and do 10 of each box then i would be all over it but they will not let me do that. It makes no sence that they will not let me mix it up. It's not like this is the old day where they had to swap out printing press blocks and stuff lol.. All they use is a giant printer so there is no swapping out of things to go from one box to another, it's just choose your image and print..

And here is a small update of the Classics box in progress
    [​IMG]

14. Darth Wave

Darth Wave Well-Known Member

yeah you know they are just BS-ing you. All they have to do is just hit print 10 of each and away you go. funny that they would turn away business by saying no.
    So what do you think your cost is for doing one of these and do you use your home printer?

15. nemesisred

nemesisred Well-Known Member

I have a Con to do at the end of May, but after maybe I'll Try and do some art for your boxes. I do more Horror stuff. But I can't see why I couldn't draw some Transformers!

Attached Files:

16. Brunkion76

Brunkion76 HE>i

I can personally say that Curt does excellent work, I have bought a few boxes from him, even had him make some custom boxes, and the work is awesome! Nice to see you back at work my friend, the Generations boxes rock.

17. TFPrime

TFPrime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This really awesome work Lad, you did an amazing job!

18. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Updated my original post with a pic of the new Universe box Layout . Have a look see and tell me what you think :) 

19. Iconicon

Iconicon Well-Known Member

Curt is the man. I own several of his boxes and have been working with him on some more. His boxes have made my WST collection so much more enjoyable to own. More are being ordered.

He will truly work with you on ideas you may have.

20. domshen

domshen Radicon

I absolutely aggree with you Iconicon, I have quite a collection of his wst boxes and look forward to many more :-D