Generations 2012 Predictions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by payton34, Dec 15, 2011.

1. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

I've got the distinct feeling the movie trilogy line is going to be pretty short, and that they're holding their breath for TF4.

Proove me wrong Hasbro!

2. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

I tried making this arguement in the last "Is Generations dead?" thread, and I got shouted down because ~~@our beloved Shadow@~~ said that there were big plans for Generations in 2012. So I hope you fare better in this thread, now that people are no longer listening to him.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    -Reflector repaint/retool of Perceptor
    -RID Scourge/Nemesis Prime themed repaint of RTS Optimus

Other than that, I really don't have a clue.

4. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    i wouldnt be surprised if the trilogy line only lasts one year, but i think hasbro should consolidate the toys into two seperate lines: prime and trilogy.
    the only reason i think they should pause the generations line is because there is no film or show associated with it. by 2013 prime should be in full swing along with the toys and the movie franchise most likely wont have anything coming out that year so hasbro can start the generations line again.
    some people will most likely want some classics style figures next year, they can be included in the trilogy line like jazz and perceptor were in rts.

5. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I assume. Prime will be the "main" line for 2012, with Movie Trilogy alongside it. Once that's done (maybe Q2/Q3 2012) I could see "Generations" coming back then. It would be perfect timing too, as Fall of Cybertron is hitting this fall and "Generations" would likely contain any FoC toys as I doubt it will get its own line. TF4 won't be out until Q2/Q3 2013 at the earliest, so I don't think the only toys we'll see between then and now will be Prime only.

I think getting a cyberverse "Generations" line would rock. Imagine a Leader-sized Omega Supreme or Trypticon with legion class FoC characters to go with it. Plus, let's face it, we're not going to get every character from WfC/FoC in Deluxe or larger form, and Cyberverse would be the perfect place to get toys of characters we would otherwise never get. (Slipsteam, maybe?)

Also, I have a feeling it won't be called "Generations". They like to change up the titles to make it an easier sale to retailers.

6. Rod Forrester

Rod Forrester The Abandoner

Me wantee:

Skywarp
    Ultra Magnus
    Blitzwing
    Trailcutter
    Motormaster

7. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right now, only really 2 things I would wish and pray for. Granted anything else would probably be bought but these are my 2 big wishes.

1) Released slowly through the year, 1 piece at a time, the stunticons who can combine into menasor.

2) same as above except make it be the combaticons and bruticus.

If not, maybe we can get a third party company to do one of them :D !

8. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't universe also a part of this line, just a different name before being turned into generations? If so, Magnus and Skywarp have aleady been done. Unfortunately, they were done as a 2 pack exclusive that's expensive to pick up now. Cheapest I've seen recently on ebay was around $100+ sealed and loose about 80+.

9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    All I gotsta say is what most have said already.

Trailbreaker
    Arcee
    Blitzwing
    Shockwave

Then I'll be happy! :D 

10. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Animated Voyager Thundercracker.

Now who is crazy?

Answer: Me.

11. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think over the course of 2012-14, we'll see some of the obvious missing ones: Trailbreaker, Hoist, Skids, Gears, Shockwave. They just did a WFC Soundwave, but I could see him getting re-released as an exclusive and include Rumble and Frenzy.

Other than that, I'd love to see more obscure characters either as new or remolds.

12. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they didn't release Rumble/Frenzy. I mean, such a waste of an awesome looking mold (though the fact that they are moving away from the Scout class for Cyberverse is worrisome in this regard).

13. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

G1 Arcee,Armada Demolishor,Maybe a Repaint of Universe hotshot using the henkei mold as "Powerlinx Hotshot" (Colors mostly based on energon powerlinx hotshot,maybe retool minicon jolt with improved legs (ones that can stand up straight) in powerlinx jolt colors.
    heck,i want to see hasbro retool older unicron (mostly some Cybertron/Energon towline) trilogy toys to improve articulation.

Also,i got a few choice words when it comes to these things what i want R.I.D wise.

SIDEBURN. NEW MOLD. RID Homage. Muscle Car/Dodge Viper Hybrid. Flamethrower Sideburns (Removable flames ofcourse) . BIG DADDY RETOOL WITH NEAT NEW HEAD WITH ENGINE POMPADOUR AND GOATEE.

And oh.
    throw in a black repaint of laser rod prime as that scourge fellow everyone is been clamerring about that and DAY-TOH-NUS ♪!! (lets go away♫♩!) from the rts Tracks/generations wheeljack mold and maybe a Drift Retool as "Slywire" A.K.A Spychanger Sideswipe.

Also a deluxe Armada Starscream. should have two "battle blades!" instead of the armada toy's 1 and built-in minicon triggered cannons like his voyager/ultra-sized predecessor (with three planned minicons and toolings,one for regular armada screamer,Armada Skywarp and A "Cybertronian Waspinator" Face tooling to be compatible with the back of the back of the Armada skywarp head tooling,and about the minicons? well just updated versions of minicons Swindle,Thunderclash and a new minicon perhaps)

Speaking of minicons,i think they should do a Classicsverse equivelent to "Cyberverse" as "Micromasters" being Legends and Minicons,Legends as single packs while "Minicons" should be three packs. and yes i would like to see playsets.

if hasbro does this,then ill cross a few things off my "My life is complete" list and trust me,it is a VERY long list.

Ps. i would like to see the lugnut retool being a homage to armada Gunbarrel. with some 5mm goodness in his fingers (in the knuckles),maybe a deluxe-sized classics-esque mechtech,cuz i love seeing figures with extra accessories and it might compliment the bulk.

14. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Non-crappy new beast wars molds. Hasbro tried a test market with this, but gave us terribly painted Dinobot, and a completely crap Cheetor, and assumed the test a failure. But considering the Hall of Fame has been granted to two beast wars characters in a row, I think they need to rethink their conclusion. This is especially needed for the season 1 cast, as characters like Rattrap, Rhinox, Blackarachnia, Airazor, etc, definitely did not have figures that were up to par with their show models.

15. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Not that i need them myself...... but Hasbro should really do something about those two.

16. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'm hoping for a deluxe Windcharger because I can't find any of the Scout class Windchargers in Southern California. There are some sold at the online toy store like ToyArena.com but I'm not willing to pay 45 dollars for a semi obscure character.

17. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Soundwave, Shockwave, RID Scourge, Blitzwing, Springer. Nuff said.

18. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

How come Rumble/Frenzy never hit discount stores? Or did I miss something...

19. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Because Rumble only made it to packaged samples, never saw any kind've retail release. Frenzy didn't even make it that far -- as far as I recall, we've never seen what a Hasbro released Frenzy would've looked like, if they even intended to do one at all.

20. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Soundwave
    Arcee
    Blitzwing
    Trailcutter
    Motormaster