Generations 2012 and Prime RID are peg warming worse the DOTM!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltimusPrime, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Has anyone noticed how little Prime stuff moves all over? The newer Generations 2012 stuff moves really slow as well. Compared to RTS and Generations which used to fly off shelves at a alarming rate at regular retail even before they hit Discount stores. I think they should of stuck with G1 classics the newer figures are smaller and cheap , made of thinner plastic and cost nearly 50% more. I have to buy out entire stores in my area just so they get new waves in. Look at BBTS as a example Of Peg warming Prime Bumblebee is $6 and Generations 2012 Jazz and Optimus Prime are $11.

The golden age of Transformers collecting is over. Even the Masterpieces are smaller.

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Must just be in your area. Prime stuff and FoC stuff sells pretty quickly in my area. And Wal-Mart has actually been restocking fairly well as of late.

3. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Every store in my area has full pegs of Jazz , Shockwave and Optimus Prime. Either they are restocking quickly or no one is buying them.

Prime figures on the other hand just hang there. It is sad.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It must be at your area. Differnet places in America vary at time to time. Some sell very well some don't.

And I don't know how to stick to only G1 classics will solve anything. Not everyone's into G1 and it may peg-warm just as much if not more as a result.

5. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think either is peg warming that bad with the usual exception of prime and bb
    This year we've seen alot less figures in the assortments. Characters like soundwave, cliffjumper and so on just keep coming back in new cases so we've been seen the same figures for almost a year. Cases are moving there just being replaced with the same guys

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Deluxe pegs up until a few weeks ago were bare. Then some wave 6 revision cases of Prime came in along with some FoC cases, and those have been getting restocked nearly every day or every other day (I usually have to stop at Wal-Mart on the way home for something, which gives me an excuse to check the toy aisle).

Heck they even restocked the weaponizers, and voyagers. The only things not really moving are Optimus Maximus, the R/C cars, and the older Bot Shots.

7. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They can't be pegwarming worse than DOTM when most stores in my area still have those damn figures on shelves!

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    They can't be pegwarming worse if they now are forced to occupy smaller areas because of Hasbro and Star Wars.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they're moving really slow here, we haven't gotten past wave 1

10. Hellbot

Hellbot Jaeger

No problems over here. They're not flying off the shelves, but they're certainly not peg warming.

11. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The only figures from TFP that I see remaining around here is Bumblebee, some Cliffjumpers, and Prime. Anything else from the line hardly remains on the pegs.

12. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

This hasn't been my experience... I'd love to find a vehicon at retail, but have yet to see one.

13. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Slow here.....FOC s a whole is warming big time....Prime waves distribution has been a major problem....( i don't want neither)....

14. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

At least with the Prime toyline, I see different figures warming the shelves every now and then, Bumblebee aside. It used to be Wave 1 sans Soundwave, now it's more or less Dead Ends, Bumblebees, and the occasional Knock Out. That being said, I've yet to see 1 Vehicon at retail, and voyagers as a whole are getting scarce to find.

With Dark of the Moon, I'd see the same figures for months at a time at different stores. My area has 3 Targets, 3 Walmarts, and 2 Toys R Us' that are in reasonable driving distance - for the most part they had the same walls of Bumblebees, Optimus Primes, Ratchets, Jolts, and Starscreams.

So distribution and case assortment ratios are still a big problem. Thankfully Hasbro seems to be fixing this, given the case assortments of the FE relaunch late this year.

15. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only things warming around here are Prime BB, Op's, and Megs, and of course the last wave of DOTM which has been there longer than any of them combined.. Everything else disappears.

I live in an area that has 7 cities total I can go 5 minutes in either direction and be in another city and those are the only ones sitting on the shelves.

16. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Dude, as collectors, we still have it a SHIT TON better than most franchises, and even with the end of the "golden age of TF collecting", we are still generally treated better NOW than we were before the films, and certainly before 2001.

As far as "pegwarming current stuff", well, keep in mind that if a store restocks fairly frequently, and with fewer new figures in distribution, it will look like the same stuff is on the pegs.
    This is especially true of stuff like Generations 2012, of which only ONE wave with THREE figures are available. If they are getting a case a week, which is selling, then you are only going to see the same three figures.

17. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    The Prime stuff in my area (Northeast Ohio) seems to be selling all right with the usual Powerizer Optimus and Revealer Bumblebee exceptions. I am starting to notice a lot of FOC Jazz and Optimus figures lingering in stores, but keep in mind the game has only been out for a couple weeks. I think once the end of November comes around they're going to start disappearing fast.

18. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

My area recently has a lot of foc but not much prime rid

19. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Yep, not an issue here. Must be your area.

20. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

only prime RID I see everytime is cliffjumper and BB, never fails

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.