Generations 2012-2013 Line Predictions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Aug 4, 2012.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Who else do you all think will get a new generation toy? I'm betting Starscream gets repainted in Skywarp or Thundercracker at some point.

2. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I hope we get Thundercracker...

3. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

another retool of the bruticus mold in which all the components are bumblebees, it thall be called....bumblticus!

4. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    Not a prediction, but I'm hoping for Sharpshot and Hardshell (Shrapnel and Bombshell) so I can have all 3 FOC Insecticons.

5. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Me too, but honestly I think Skywarp will be more likely. Kid's would rather by the guy that turns invisible over the smart, boring blue one. :( 

6. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Repaint of Kickback, using the name Blight.

7. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    They'll release one...then the other will be Japan only.

8. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FOC Fireblast Grimlock.....

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ :lol 

I was just thinking that Skywarp or Thundercracker seem likely. Consider that of the original WfC cast, Optimus, Bumblebee, and Megatron all got repainted as a TRU gift set. A similar set could be two blah redecos plus a new Seeker. Or maybe Hasbro's taken the hint and they'll do a pack with two or three Seekers. I'm not even that into Seekers and I'd probably bite (probably because SW and TC have more personality in WfC than anywhere).

Everything sure has been coming up Thundercracker lately. But on the other hand, there is already one in Generations. The ways of Hasbro are mysterious.

Anyway, perhaps we'll see a Deluxe Insecticon homage with a green Kickback. As far as new molds, the Hasbro guy the TFCC interviewed made it clear that Voyager Dinobots are on his "wish list," but that could be good news OR bad news depending how you read it. (Interestingly, he left out Slug...doesn't like the guy, or already in the works? YOU DECIDE.)

I've got the distinct feeling of at least one more Deluxe and Voyager class surprise in the works for FoC. Then I suppose Generations will be back to "pure Classics" with the heavily-rumored Hoist/Trailbreaker. I also feel like Bruticus won't be our last combiner, unless he is a sales disappointment. The Combaticons are a pretty good proof-of-concept for Deluxe combiners.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I don't think kids are very familiar with anything regarding Skywarp's abilities, and anyways Hasbro has released Thundercracker in the Movieverse (Voyager, DotM Deluxe), Animated (Activator) and Classics (Generations Deluxe, plus Legends is getting an upcoming release). The only release at a comparable size class we never got recently for Thundercracker that Skywarp did get is the Animated Voyager.

As for the question...yeah I think at least one of Skywarp and Thundercracker will get a US release, possibly both depending on how waves or set up and how long Generations goes.

Beyond that...maybe a Sunstreaker from the Sideswipe version of the Jazz mold?

I'm hoping somehow for a Voyager FoC Optimus, Megs or Shockwave somehow make their way out (though I'd prefer the other Dinobots before them).

I'm also hoping we get some new G1 Classics toys out of Generations before it goes on hiatus again by the time the TF4 toy line hits.

11. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

If only they'd do that with Skywarp, Thundercracker, and either Sunstorm or Acid Storm, or both. So many ways to milk that one.

Me, I want a Diaclone Powered Convoy repaint of Magnus called Sentinel Prime. I'd buy the shit out of that.

12. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

This x 100

Man, they should like do a two pack with Ultra Magnus and Skywarp, maybe make it a Target exclusive.

13. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    a new rodimus, swerve and rung based on mtmte would be fantastic, but im just expecting lots of retools and repaints

14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With luck, they've already planned the remolds for the cone heads into the Starscream mold.

15. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Give me Voyager FOC Scattorshot and Demolishor.

16. ifightfortheuse

ifightfortheuse Well-Known Member

I feel like they will repaint Starscream and Kickback. However, I am really hoping that the repaint for Starscream is Vehicon Seeker mold. (This will not likely happen, just an idea) A black version of Starscream with a possible different head mold similar to Prime Vehicon.

I also Predict Voyager Megatron for the summer

17. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

I hope we've seen all the foc stuff we're getting and hasbro finally releases the rest of the 85,85 guys.

18. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is most likely going to happen and probably will outsell every other remold of the FOC Combaticons.

Likely we'll probably get more recolors and remolds of the current FOC line.

Grimlock recolored and remolded into some Decepticon dinosaur like Rippersnapper or Overkill or Trypticon.

More FOC Seekers. Maybe a Slipstream remold if we are lucky.

FOC Red Alert and Dead End from Jazz/Sideswipe

FOC Ransack from Kickback.

0 New Molds

First Aid from PRID Ratchet since you know that mold hasn't been reused to death yet.

19. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

That Grimlock and Kickback will be the only Dinobot and Insecticon anytime soon. And that if they do more Dinobots Grimlock will be the only voyager.

20. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    FoC shrapnel, and bombshell.

The rest of the 84-85 autobots/decepticons. (And maybe 86)