Generation1 Super Collection Figure

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SydneyY, Jan 27, 2008.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am thinking of getting a PVC Raiden figure as a poor substitute for the real deal :redface2: 

There is a series of collection figures starting from G1 to Headmasters and/or Masterforce, but I haven't seen good pictures of them. Here are the ones I could find (part 1 ~ 3, from Daiuchuchikahimitsu second)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anyone have a better picture? I just want to take a better look at Raiden :) 
    Thanks in advance.

2. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
  3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

if you want a cheap substitute for raiden, keep your eyes open for the ko on ebay. I got one for $7, and as you can see in this pic (he's in the middle) he displays nicely with other japanese combiners.

[​IMG]

btw, sydney, I've got ALL of those figures, minus a few chases and act 9, which I didn't like. let me know if you have any other questions.

4. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Thanks guys!

alphie, did you get your Raiden PVC from the place you linked? Looks like I need to shop around... The one I found was almost $10 before other charges :( 

ckh, that's an awesome picture!
    Those chases are very expensive? I thought the place I found was alright for Raiden (until I saw alphie's link), but they charge heaps for the chase figures.
    BTW thanks to you mentioning Brave trainbots I have got 2/3 of Liner Dagwon :D 

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

ebay's got bunches of the pvc's for cheap. I got all of mine by buying them by the box when they came out. I got 1 chase per box, so I didn't really pay extra for them.

6. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Nope, actually got him along with most of the wave from Onesock. :)  Got a clear version of him to.

7. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    SydneyY, I got the Raiden KO for $10 and it looks great on display in the combined form.

8. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Super_Megs speaks the truth. I have the KO as well and Im very impressed with it. One of the better KO combiners out there.

9. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Thank you for your advice. I think I'll look for a cheaper PVC while hunt for the KO :) 

And while I'm looking I'll most likely spend the $10 I set aside for the PVC to buy something else. Thus I'll never save enough money for real Raiden.

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I'm gonna concur about the KO. It's not exactly G1 quality, but at the right price, it's well worth picking up as a stand-in. To be honest, I think they look pretty cool in their separate forms, too. They don't come with the individual weapons, though - Personally I'm planning on repainting mine to make it look a bit less KO and make hand weapons for the 'bots.

11. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't know why but i'm a big fan of the PVC's, just wish u diddn't have to buy EVERYTHING from the net :( 

12. Dista

Dista Old Skool Crackhead

I have all of the PVCs apart from two chases, which I've never been able to find. I'd gladly purchase these in blood, too:

Act 2 Chase Convoy (with backpack)
    Act 6 Chase Galvatron (metallic)

13. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry, I couldn't help it ;)  as you can probably figure, I stuck a few US releases in there too. I also have the alternates of every figure, either clear or the pewter finish versions. AFAIK, the only regular painted ones I don't have are scorponok and the alternate chest of deathzaras.

14. SydneyY

News Credits:
    Good luck on your hunt :)  The place I looked at might have Act 6 chase Galvatron, but considering how much they wanted for regular Raiden, I'd say they'd ask for blood and kidney for a chase figure.

ckh, wow :rock  You even have clear Rodimus!

I love PVC figures, too. But yeah, the shipping sucks, especially we have to pay international most of the time :( 

15. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

is clear rodimus worth a bunch? I mean, he just came in one of the $40 boxes of whichever act he was in.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    even if you get the KO id recommend the SCF anyway. i think theyre great on their own.

17. SydneyY

News Credits:
    I don't know how much, but he's very hard to come by I hear. I reckon he's worth more than $40, though.

If I hang onto that extra $10 another couple of weeks I might just do that. Can't find the KO on ebay :(