Generation Toys GT-10 Optimus Primal

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 15, 2017.

?

Are you interested?

1. yes

53.9%
  2. maybe

21.4%
  3. no

24.7%
  1. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

Fuck that, I want Wolfjack. That's the coolest Jackie has ever looked.

• Like Like x 2
  2. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    That wolf Wheeljack is the one I need most. I don't care what else either company does, that one has to be made. I'll buy both versions if GT and DX9 each end up making him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    So if this guy is due by the end of this month, hopefully that means we'll be getting a video review or two shortly....

Hey, dare to dream. :lol 

4. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Says you bruh. Im betting hell sell out just fine. I don't think Sideswipe would sell as without a leader first.

5. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Cool I'm not sure what they are selling just art on a computer or do they send you a printed piece? I'll look into it more thanks for the info I did read this thread up to that point and like I said I understood that it was fictional thing I just didn't know where it came from originally. I thought maybe the TFCC comics but sounds like it was just fans creating art. A very cool concept that I'm all for! I like that Sideswipe Bull and the Hot Rodimus looks like another prototype that I seen recently. Hmmm probably something different though..

6. Optronix1087

Optronix1087 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will be getting this, I think its nice to see something new and different in 3P. I'd be open to more artist inspired concept figures or even all new designs and original 'characters' as 3P branches out more.

• Like Like x 3
  7. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

100%. I like cool robot toys. New interpretations, new characters, bring it on.

8. TCJJ

TCJJ 111% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just original fan art. Depending on where you buy them, you can get digital copies of the books or physical copies. I still need a physical copy of T-Beast 2, I believe, but I have a copy of the first book. It's quite nice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a comic of this fan service realized. That would be epic! When I 1st read it was fan based I thought they meant TFCC comics, as I mentioned before. But I guess not, so hopefully Generation Toy at least puts in comics of these amd continues on with some more of this separate franchise. I

t does remind me alot of Earth Wars Optimus Primal too. But I already said that I guess lol.

10. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Love the Soundwave. Wheeljack looks rad and Rodimus Convoy looks like another toy prototype i seen recently. And isn't Primal actually Optimus Prime? Also i wasn't able to find any Megatron pics can you post those as well? I guess Megatron is a Trex as well, eh?

11. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    It takes place on Cybertron because, IIRC, at the end of Beast Wars they thought they won the beast wars and we're going home back to Cybertron. Little to find out Megatron had different plans. It's a continuation of Beast Wars and that was the order of events. If you watch BW season 1 and 2 and then Beast Machines you'll understand why real quick. It was a fantastic show! As was Beast Wars!

12. Optronix1087

News Credits:
    Beast Wars is 3 seasons, and Beast Machines was 2. You're right about everything but missing the detail that Megatron ended up arriving long before the Maximals (he was strapped to the Ark's shuttle roof) and used his advantage to reformat Cybertron in his image.

As to why Cybertron, at the time we had only had a handful of visits to Cybertron in G1 so a Cybertron centric show was a welcome idea. The best thing was no humans mucking up things, but the show shit all over Beast Wars three years of build up. Its really good as a stand alone and is probably the most mature and dark series we've ever gotten.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yea I didn't mention because I wasn't sure if I was right about that detail. I was going to originally write that Megatron got there 1st but I couldn't back up HOW he got there. Keep in mind I haven't watched them since 1996 through 1999 when they aired on Fox, on their kids afternoon block or whatever it was. I wanted to get the DVD but I never see it in person. I suppose I could get it online.

ALSO, its said that DX9 is doing these as well? Is there prototypes of DX9 up somewhere? I like that GT has a Sideswipe and Hot Rodimus Convoy as their follow ups. What does DX9 have?

14. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    DX9 is releasing their version of Rodimus first, presumably followed by Optimus. If they've teased anything else, I unfortunately haven't seen it.

DX9 Toys K2 Ancetrod
    DX9 T-Beast Optimus Primal

• Like Like x 1
  15. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    This should be their 2nd leader sized release!

16. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I KNEW I saw a prototype of that Rodimus design! I mentioned that just barely but I wasn't sure if was "actually" the design or just looked similar. I guess they are still tweaking the designs to show us the Primal one. Thanks man I appreciate it.

17. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Only the regular Beast Convoy version of Zukan design had a mouth. Their was a nemesis version with a big sword and shield and a white magnus version too though.

zukanprimal.jpg
    zukannemesis.jpg
    zukanmagnus.jpg

Only megatron was a re-imagination of Beast Machines Megatron where rather than having an external armor suit over his real body the suit was integrated in to the design with the cloak being formed out of the dragon wings. Gave it a lot more purple in the process. Would love to see if a company could pull it off but I suspect the wing design would be a nightmare to engineer.

zukanmegs.jpg

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  18. malfet

malfet Tiny Plastic Robot

BTW, Kuramochi Zukan is the name of the circle, not the artist. There are multiple artists.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Optronix1087

News Credits:
    Oh man you need to rewatch, go buy them on Amazon, they're fairly cheap now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Liking that Nemesis version.