Generation Toys GT-10 Optimus Primal

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 15, 2017.

?

Are you interested?

1. yes

53.0%
  2. maybe

23.8%
  3. no

23.2%
  1. SuperiusPrime

SuperiusPrime Member

I completely agree with you. I alway thought the beast wars characters should have been more like Zoids and not organic animals, but I did like beast machines (good story).

• Like Like x 3
  2. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Still debating on this guy...

3. AnnoyedRobot

AnnoyedRobot Well-Known Member

Well that just raises further questions. Beast Wars is old enough to be nostalgic the same way we saw the OG Duck Tales (admittedly BW's CGI isn't spectacular, but great writing.) Third party companies are obsessed with the lower-tier G1 characters, so why doesn't that same attitude ever lead to Beast Wars characters with biological beast modes? My money goes to whoever can make an OG Optimus Primal at Generations scale with most of the old toy's weapons.

4. AnnoyedRobot

Which brings me to a very important question: Who was asking for a mechanical gorilla Primal?

5. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

Well I personally prefer this over the biological. I'm more fond of mechanical modes if they happen to be something mimicking organic forms. I just feel it looks best. Though in terms of story I do like the whole biological thing. I just think the mechanical bits look better for a figure of different concepts. I really like this design and I'm glad they're doing it. I've already gotten mine pre-ordered. It's exactly what I want for a masterpiece style primal. I'm hoping they'll do more beast wars characters.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vkrylian

Vkrylian Well-Known Member

I was. This is soooo bought.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I'm going to be honest and say I feel the same way. I didn't get interested in Beast Wars toys until after Transmetals happened, and found the organic looking Beast modes to be just ugly. I understand the allure for organic Beast modes, and I'm picking up all of the Beast Wars Masterpiece figures as well, but if I had the choice, I would much rather have mechanical Beast modes over organic.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

I also was asking for this.

• Like Like x 2
  9. IanAdams

IanAdams Secret Octopus

A bunch of people before and after you posted this.

• Like Like x 2
  10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm sure we'll eventually get one in the future. There's gonna be a time where G1 fans are going to not collect as much due to age and stuff so sooner or later both HasTak and 3rd part companies are going to have to start doing non G1 characters in order to keep themselves afloat to cater to new generations. It's already happening at least in the 3rd party side with Maketoys doing Cybertron characters and PE and this doing Optimus Primal and TM2 Megatron.

Not to mention it'll force them to design more organic looking characters for the people who want them to be so. I have no issues with mechanical versions of them but the organic designs was what made them unique in the first place compared to other TF series so either way they're going to have to focus doing more organic designs like how HasTak was pushed to make the more complex and alien designs of the movies as opposed to the traditional blocky designs they were doing before the 07 movie came out.

11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Then you should probably look at the Doujin where the art originated from. No sense in trying to change something that a figure is already based on. If you still want that discussed, then you're probably better off starting a thread for that type of ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AnnoyedRobot

That leader class Primal has the same problem. If a company as big as Hasbro/Takara can make a biological-looking rat, wasp, rhino, or cyborg shark, why did Primal transform into some goofy-ass hoverboard?

13. PocoStig

PocoStig Does anyone still like Pepperoni?

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Would've been cool if the show takes place on "earth" again instead of cybertron (why cybertron), but the Predacons/Vehicons reformatted the planet and now the Maximals must restore the planet or some stuff like that...

Seriously, why cybertron...

14. PocoStig

PocoStig Does anyone still like Pepperoni?

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

Did someone already beat me to it?

• Like Like x 1
  15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    To be fair POTP Primal is meant to be more of a legacy/evolution figure that celebrates all of Primal's form in Beast Wars with his inner robot homaging his Season 1 look,the hoverboard represents his Transmetal 1 gimmick and obviously his Optimal Optimus mode represents Season 3 as opposed to a more traditional update. It's the same reason why POTP Optimus Prime's cab forms Orion Pax and Hot Rod combining with his trailer to form Rodimus Prime in POTP. They're not meant to be traditional updates.

16. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Does seem their are still quite a few people not understanding what this design is from. Here's some more of Kuramochi Zukans designs we're likely getting toys of eventually:

beastsoundwave.png
    beastrod.png
    beastwheel.png

He actually did very few beast wars characters, looking over his art books the only ones were primal, bm megatron, dinobot and leo convoy. The rest are all mostly g1 but with some og rid and unicron trilogy guys too. He was quite sporadic with his choices so who knows which ones gt n dx9 will do after the ones we know they're already doing. I'm especially fond of the above three.

• Like Like x 6
  17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope to dear god somebody makes that Owl Soundwave. That's the only design from this series that screams "must have" to me.

• Like Like x 3
  18. guarayakha

guarayakha Guara-guara-booyakha~!

Also to add that there are also people not knowing that the original designer(s) chose to distance himself from the toys(whether they ask for his permission or not) because the book features the character with their actual names and insignia. They don't want the risk of having TakTom breathing down their necks and get their book C&D'd because of other unofficial products that lifted the designs from them.

That said, DX9 already have that Roddy in progress, and I think both GT and DX9 also have Lambor-Bull in their lineup? I really wish they would do that owl though.

19. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC Schmuck

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Both companies are working on the rodimus and primal designs (not surprisingly given they're two of the best) and I think both might be doing bull sideswipe too. Which is a shame as Zukan also did a Trceratops Sideswipe that looks bad ass. I just hope if they do more they start to vary it up, I've enjoyed products from both companies and each has put out many quality products by now so can't go wrong either way.

But it'll be a shame if we don't get some variety between them. Like one could do the owl soundwave which is silver and gold and the other could do tortoise soundwave who is the more traditional blue and silver. Heck I'd love to see hippopotamus magnus just for the novelty/hilarity of that design. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  20. RavenousPrime

RavenousPrime Fantasy Author

Normally I'd collect for show accuracy but man..I just think this is a little more incredible because it kind of screams something that I wish would of happened. Though I am find of using beast modes to protect themselves, I never understood how metal could become half organic. Though I guess it's fiction so lol. But I was more fond of the transmetal forms as well. It just seemed more natural for their race to have.

• Like Like x 3