Generation Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder (Devastator)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by icemanff23, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Slaglock

Slaglock Well-Known Member

oh yea ive seen those but shockwave i dont think transforms... grimlock had trouble finding and im looking forward to prime that comes with menasor... thought maybe there were others too.

2. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update..just picked up the YM but I'm going to have to check out the other ones. I've got clear Quakewave so I'm unsure on the Quake Blast,he looks so good..but so does that grey one. That one's a tough choice at the moment. Definitely looking up the others though. Thanks for the update rub

3. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shockwave transforms. It's a really simple transformation, but he does transform.

4. Slaglock

Slaglock Well-Known Member

oh ok didnt know thanks :rock 

5. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

okay friends, it's here,

Here is my vid of Scraper for the green shadow set. Don't be too harsh its my first vid. Went ahead and did Mixing truck and am uploading it now too. Will do a picture gallery of all 6 this weekend.

EDIT: I have Mixing truck up

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I saw one on ebay for about $330. Here's the link. Here's one at $36.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  7. Pikachu_King

I have filmed and am uploading the remaining 4 individuals of green shadow, I grabbed my other 4 devestators for comparisons of the parts. Navvy is finished, about half hour to bulldozer

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pikachu_King

Just cross posting here for those who care:

And now the remaining three are up, will try to get Devastator himself up today or tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pikachu_King

Combined mode is now up:

• Like Like x 5
  10. Wheeljoker

That is a great looking piece. I never realized he was that much smaller than Constructor. You obviously collect all the Devestator so I guess my only real question is in your opinion, is he worth the price point?

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Such a beautiful set....

*sigh*

12. Pikachu_King

That's a tough one, I'd say the clear version is due to its limited nature and being a very unique and beautiful piece, I doubt I'd pay that much for the normal version. It really comes down to how much money you have to spare. Constructor, especially the v2 giftset, is a far better deal for the money, but I love all my devastators (even the step child Perseus), and have a rather large amount of disposable income right now in my life. I really do like all the engineering that has been done since Warbo rebranded to GT (and TFM), they have made some very fun and unique transformations that are very solid, and the TFM figures are what made me finally cave and grab a gravity builder, and even be debating getting computron to be caught up on the company.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wheeljoker

I definitely agree that Constructor is the best option at the moment and definitely the best option out there at this time. I haven't gotten my definitive Devestator yet,I like the TW offering but I think I want to wait to see what Fans Toys does with their offering. I'd just like something a little closer to G1 myself.
    It's awesome that you've been able to put together the collection that you have. I think Green Shadow looks amazing but at this point,I'm going to wait and see if I can find one at a lower price. I'd live to have one just because it is such a unique piece. A hundred bucks less and I wouldn't have hesitated. Once FT shows their offering I'll get a Devy of my own. If I can find one hopefully at a lower price I'd definitely like to get him but I'll live without it if need be. I'm glad you were able to get this guy and add him to your amazing Devestator collection and thanks for the feedback. The reviews were cool to see as well.

14. Pikachu_King

Thank you, they were definitely a step outside my comfort zone at the start. If FT does theirs I'll do a captain planet video of the other 5 summoning him (Perseus is Heart, no questions asked) once he's out.

15. Wheeljoker

That would be epic :) 

16. TF4me

TF4me Well-Known Member

Finally got the chance to put green shadow together. I grabbed him from toydojo.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  17. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Green Shadow looks fantastic! Think it is a must have

18. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hmmm... I think the alternate head for Bulldozer would make a decent head for an IDW Scoop custom with a little painting and/or sculpting:
    [​IMG]

See?
    Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 1.34.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 1.36.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 1.33.49 PM.png

(GT Scraper already resembles Scoop's alt mode more than he does G1 Scrapper's.

I suppose at this point it's a bit late to try to talk Generation Toy into doing a new head and chest for a more proper Constructicon Scoop....)

19. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    for those saying that contructor is the best buy for money is that bcuz of his size? bcuz imho he's the worst buy bcuz he's just to big for my collection GT and MT imho are the best made Devy's and are the ones worth the money, i'm still holding out weakly for a yellow GT repaint or maybe any other color except green lol

20. tturbozx66

tturbozx66 Well-Known Member

Anyone have the contact info for generation toy? I know they have a facebook page but it doesn't look like it has been used for awhile. TIA.