Generation Toy GT-8 Guardian (Defensor/Protectobots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And now that I am looking at the combined mode more, it looks like the feet fold into and out of the trailer for storage.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

Perhaps First Aid's trailer is a mobile clinic. It's certainly a good way to store the combiner bits, I wonder if it will store the hands as well. It certainly is a good idea, finding a way to not have the hands and feet just big blocks that have no use in other modes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mlbfan

mlbfan Well-Known Member

Yes, I definitely like Computron and find him underrated! There are some annoyances, such as the missed opportunity of having Scattershot's flight stand double as Computron's chest protector and Scattershot's cannon not actually having a spot on the back of combined mode (therefore, the fan mode). Other than foot stands and fists, he's the only one that really doesn't have parts laying idly somewhere. I mean, Onslaught's second half has no use in robot mode; unless displaying a battle station, neither does Motor Master's back end of the trailer; and what purpose is First Aid's trailer going to serve when displaying the team in robot mode? Though you can display Bonecrusher and Scavenger in robot mode with the generators attached, I personally don't like to, so, for me, even the Constructicons have parts in a box!
    Despite this, yes, an updated version of Computron after Raiden has been released and Bruticus has been updated, would be awesome!

I hadn't thought of that. That's no good for me! Menasor is just slightly taller than his brethren and I think I'm doing a good job of ignoring that. For Defensor to stand taller means I'm definitely going to want this add-on kit and updated versions of Bruticus and Computron! However, there is inner conflict because I am not a fan of part-forming or parts not being used in all modes! I accepted Onslaught's divide and Motor Master's back half. Because "generators" have been a part of Devastator since the beginning, I've accepted that. I'm not pleased with Defensor having a trailer for First Aid, and definitely not pleased if having to buy this add-on kit. Due to the overall aesthetics compared to other options out there, I like these combiners more than any other so far, so I'm going to have to work harder to ignore certain dislikes and displeasures.

4. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    So, my Sarge came today. Really impressed with his aesthetics (minus the lack of red on his head), and the transformation is brilliant. But, the gray hinges for his lateral shoulder movement are rubbish. No matter how I pose his arms, they collapse right back to his body. It's a shame, because pretty much all of his other joints are nice and tight. I'll have to see if I can pop those pins out and get some Future on them.

EDIT: Also, joints for lateral motion in the torso? It's Warbotron Brawl all over again (or, I guess, FansToys Apache). Rotation at the torso, lateral hinge inside the shoulder, please. It's 2018, rotating the shoulder and simultaneously spreading the arm should be a given.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  5. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    That's my only real issue as well. I didn't pop the pins, just used a q tip to apply the future and wiped the excess off. Works like a charm.

• Like Like x 2
  6. servatusprime

servatusprime The monkey wears the pants in this family

What (if any) consensus is there about these guys getting released as a box set in the future? I know that in the past issues such as Sarge's shoulders often get fixed when a another run is done with a box set. Thanks.

7. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Given that they sold Gravity Builder (Duron Drill) as a set, there is some precedent.

But Warbotron Bruticus and Computron were not.
    Original Gravity Builder wasn't.
    And TFM Menasor wasn't.

So, don't hold your breath. ;) 

8. servatusprime

servatusprime The monkey wears the pants in this family

Yeah...that's what I'm thinking

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Vic Viper

The Vic Viper Well-Known Member

Just a question, but would anyone here know how to contact Generation Toy over a QC issue?

10. Safeguard

Safeguard Autobot

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In the box for Sarge is a card with contact information. However, GT prefers you don't contact them but rather the dealer who sold you the figure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    I don't agree with Bobby at all for this one. I have no tabbing issues and the shoulder flop is the easiest fix of all the fixes we have had to deal with consistently from go with 3p figures. Two dabs of future, nice and tight.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    No kidding. In my eyes, it took what could have been GT's best figure to date and turned it to "it's ok... I guess."

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Vic Viper

The Vic Viper Well-Known Member

Unfortunately my dealer in this case was someone off eBay. I did ask them about it, but I'd also like to be able to contact them myself if possible in case they can't come through for me/don't care/any number of possible issues.

14. Vael6943

Vael6943 Well-Known Member

That’s pretty much GT’s MO, functional combiner parts

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vael6943

GT tends to release replacement parts with future members of the team, as issues are uncovered.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Vael6943

Not sure about Computron, but Onslaught’s trailer can be attached to one of the foot tanks. No real use for it if you made the launch platform though. I do love the jet pack conversion of the generators on Scavenger and Bonecrusher.

17. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think BSF just got one with QC issues. I have mine here and am playing with the arms and they don't fall like that. They're nice and stiff. I'm excited for the rest of this line. Keep it comin GT, keep it comin!

• Like Like x 1
  18. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    I'll agree on the tabbing issues. I'll concede that the shoulder flop is fixable, but it's annoying.

But, try to pose Sarge like this cheap-ass Hasbro toy.

[​IMG]

Oh, that's right, you can't, because the hinge for lateral movement is in the torso, and the joint for rotation is outside of it. You can get something like it using his bicep swivels, but c'mon, it's 2018. This was a constant issue with their Warbotron stuff, but none of their other GT or TFM figures had this issue.

Maybe he did, but if so, it's not exactly an uncommon issue. Mine's just as floppy, if not floppier than Bobby's.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are you settling? Send it back due to QC issues. Or if you just don't like the figure, send it back for a refund. Just because a figure doesn't do all these wonderful things that everyone expects it do. Yes, we know, it's 2018. Yes, transformers have come a long way but just because you can't get one movement doesn't make it terrible. There's also no ab crunch, which is something becoming more common, that doesn't make it bad. It's just a personal preference. If it doesn't fit your standards, send it back. Sorry your not happy with the arm movements. It's still pretty pose-able.

20. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    I never said it makes him terrible. What it makes him is disappointing.

And I don't think you can compare poor shoulder articulation to something like an ab crunch. Sure, I'm glad that more figures are turning up with ab crunches these days, but stuff like ab crunches, double-jointed elbows, and double-jointed knees are things that go above and beyond for articulation. Shoulder issues like Sarge's are like putting out a 3P, MP-style figure without ankle tilts or waist swivels. And hey, I'm glad that you're happy with Sarge, but last I checked this was a thread for discussion, not confirmation bias.

• Like Like x 2