generation 3?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Psychrome86, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

smkspy's comment about the new TF:A being the generation 3 we all hoped for has me wondering. Until now I would have said the reissues, classics or alternators was generation 3. though, i have to ask what would define generation 3? generation 2 was repaints of old g1 toys mixed with some new molds and a butchered version of the show. to me, g3 was the reissues and interesting repaints, the show on dvd, the new versions of the movie, the paperbacks of the old comics and the new comics. maybe i'll call TF:A the generation 4 we never expected. your thoughts people?

2. DanoMcKenna

DanoMcKenna R.I.P

Well I always thought of G2 as being the Comic Book with toys to go along with that. G2 goes so well with G1 that I would have to say the only way to have a REAL G3 for me would be for it to continue on the stories of G1 and G2 in some form, be it comics or tv, and to have a toy line for it. Non of that has really happened in my opinion, though Machine Wars would have been damn close had the storyline been expanded on.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I'd say Generation 5 would be more appropriate.

Beast Wars and Beast Machines was basically the 3rd era of transformers. That's when it started doing well, again. Then it began to dip some at the end.

Things dropped off quite a bit with RiD. The show did well, but the toyline wasn't doing so hot. It was more of a filler series, but you could probably consider it part of the G3 period if you wanted to.

Armada, Energon, and Cybertron would be considered the 4th. Seeing as Armada rocketed Transformers back into the top spot, then Energon and Cybertron kept it there.