3D Artwork: Generation 3 Unicronians

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by The Librarian, Aug 11, 2005.

1. The Librarian

The Librarian Well-Known Member

Sweeps, Sweeps everywhere and not a fly-swatter in sight!

I made this model some time ago but never got round to posting it.

In Decepticon Blue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In Unicronian Green (to differentiate between Megatron's lot and Nemesis' troops):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Librarian

Now, because Cyclonus and Scourge are now fully-fledged Decepticons, Nemesis has awakened the High Hunt, a group of super-powered Sweeps, to lead his armadas:

Macabre:

Formally a second rate Decepticon assassin, Macabre was left for dead after a failed mission. Unicron, who had sensed something that could be used, plucked him through space and reformatted him. Now, with his intelligence and strength vastly amplified, as well as being able to generate massive blasts of electricity, Macabre finally has the power to back up his ambition. As head of the High Hunt, he serves as Nemesis’ second in command, leading the Primary Herald’s forces in spreading Unicron’s chaos throughout the universe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rot:

On a distant world, a lone Sweep encountered a strange artefact. The result was that his body was devastated, twisted, warped and corroded by an unknown force. From the ashes of this contagion, Rot was born. Still infinitely loyal to Unicron, he returned to take his place among the High Hunt. Capable of infecting and destroying his enemies through sustained physical contact, Rot is a corrupt, decaying monster, forever in pain and with an unending desire to see others suffer with him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Torment:

Silent. Remorseless. And dedicated to pain. If Torment singles you out for destruction, he will kill you. You will not know when. You will not know how. You will not know why. But it will hurt. A lot. Torment is one of the fastest of the elite Unicronians and is armed, quite literally, with a disrupter cannon capable of slowly dissolving the bonds between its target’s molecules.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There will be a few more in the High Hunt, including so female Sweeps, so stay tuned! :thumb 

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    nicely done man!!

i really like the way you modeled the alt mode. looks very sleek and less bathtub-ish xD

fantastic repaints and such too :D 

4. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

While I think that there are some issues with the bot mode proportions wise (too tall), the vehicle mode looks very nice and overall, your modeling has improved. I still think that you should check how many heads tall he is in robot mode. Ideally, you want a character to be about 7 or 8 heads, though for exaggerated features, maybe 9.

I know that I have some height issues with Megatron, and that is mostly due to the constraints of the vehicle mode meshes severely limiting what I can do to get him closer to human proportions (he's about 10 heads tall).

Keep up the good work!

5. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Freakin Amazin!

6. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

I just love the Alt. mode

7. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

cool..... im intreiged by rot i like him alot, and what better is not a bit of pink nail varnish in sight, great job

8. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Writer O'Doom

Rot is effing awesome, I'd love to see a character like that make into the shows. Not to mention, you've made the sweeps look 10x cooler than they were.

9. The Librarian

Star Cracker; you're quite right. These models are around 11 heads tall. I'm going to try and sort it out, particularly having done Discord, so I may change all these pictures later.

Galvatom: Hah! Nope, none of these Sweeps have the dreaded pink talons!

Rot's got much more responce than I anticipated. He was really just a good idea at the time...now he'll need a full back story...hey, it keeps me busy!

Thanks for the comments, and here's the next two:

Discord:

To consider Discord as being weaker because she happens to be a female is nearly always a fatal error. The best word to describe her is ‘savage’. While fully capable, perhaps more so than her comrades, of distracting and deceiving the High Hunt’s opponents, she much prefers to tear targets apart with her bare hands. This psychopathic nature is made all the worse for being concealed behind a veneer of sophistication and charm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I leave the female-deadlier-than-male quips to you...

Malice:

Aloof, arrogant and cruel, Malice is the second most heavily armed of the High Hunt, but it is his mental powers that give him his edge in combat. While all Unicronians have some form of extraordinary mental ability, Malice’s is exceptional. With just a look, he can dominate others, seizing and exerting control over those unfortunate enough to be his targets. His favourite trick is to force thralls to restrain their comrades, allowing him to kill them from afar, a tactic that’s effectiveness has earned him the position of Macabre’s lieutenant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

those two new ones are awsome, its cool to see a fembot that is so evil

11. The Librarian

Well now. Due to the comments I have recieved so far, and through working on Discord, I realised that my Sweep models have heads that were just a little too small for their bodies. So I spent the last half a day going through them all and resizing them all. The results are now on display above, with some models recieving a bit of tweeking as well. Malice now has six belly guns and two wist launchers in addition to his shoulder and helmet guns.

Galvatom: I've got quite a few evil Femmes turning up in G3, but none quite as bad a Discord...

And now, to continue:

Strife:

To say that Strife is the least dangerous of the High Hunt is like saying that a viper is less dangerous than a piranha. True, she is physically the weakest, lacking the elaborate weapons systems of her comrades. But her other abilities make her uniquely powerful. Strife is precognitive. She can sense how events now will affect the shape of the future. Thus, she can be in exactly the right place to kill an enemy before they realise that they will be moving there. Though keeping track of many unfolding futures puts her under great strain, she can coordinate the Hunt so that they can all second guess and overwhelm those they are fighting. Because of these skills, Strife has no need for a normal set of sensors – she is blind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

awsome, they look alot beeter now and strife looks really good, for some reason i feel sorry for her, probly a mistake though she would most definatly kill galvatom if she had the chance!

13. The Librarian

Yep :D 

Now, as you will have noted, Malice is described as the second most heavily armed of the High Hunt. Well here's the first most...

Toil:

The most heavily armed of the High Hunt; Toil has a playful, fun loving, almost childlike personality. What he finds ‘fun’ is chaos and carnage. He will ghost over a battlefield, unleashing missiles, disruptor waves, laser blasts and plasma bolts, toying with his opponents until they are so much scrap. No form of conscience troubles him. He is just as happy squashing bugs as he is blowing a flight of star-fighters to atoms. The only thing that hints at some kind of deeper personality is when Strife is threatened. Toil seems to have appointed himself as the precog’s champion: he would fight to the death for her and will allow no danger or insult to touch her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Toil is the final member of the High Hunt. For now...

Expect the next update in this thread to be a redesigned version of their commander: The Primary Herald itself, NEMESIS!

14. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

this toil sounds like an absolute madman with a hint of a soft side! he looks awsome and that blade on his right arm looks painful

15. Swoop X

Swoop X Beware Of The Decepticons

That's very nice.

16. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

I like the multiple positions for the wings, using the same parts.

17. The Librarian

Thanks! :thumbs2: 

Circumstances have made a liar of me again!

When Elgoodo rendered the High Hunt in his far superior style, he added three new memebers, Carnage, Rage and Turmoil, meaning that the Sweep model had to be de-mothballed and rebuilt three more times!

He left the bios to me, so here they are (and I hope he likes them!):

Carnage:

Carnage shares many of Torment’s traits. She is silent, remorseless and fascinated with death. But it her, it is not the pain of dying but rather the variety. From the painlessness of a blade through the spark to the agony of being torn limb from limb, Carnage views each method of killing as a snapshot of perfection. She actively seeks new and inventive ways to take life, a ‘pastime’ aided in no small way by her inbuilt sensor disruptors and wrist-mounted energo-cutless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rage:

Her name, quite simply, says it all. Her anger can be triggered by anything. A word, a movement, a look – that is all it takes to awaken her near unlimited wrath. And when she is angry, things die. Macabre often orders her into battle last, giving her fury time to grow. And when Rage is unleashed, anything within range of her super heated talons is likely to be sliced, diced, gutted and pulverised. Outside of combat, she will continue her destructive tantrums, beating hole in anything within reach. If it were not for Unicron’s subliminal restrains on the High Hunt’s minds, she would be utterly uncontrollable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Turmoil:

Compared with Turmoil, the most potent Cybertronian energy projectors are second-rate light bulbs. While the likes of Sunstorm and Shrapnel may have to occasionally vent excess energy, Turmoil must do so constantly, simply to prevent his body from blowing itself to bits. Thus he is constantly surrounded by a crackling aura of destructive power that, at a mental command, can expand and destroy anything he wishes it too. Naturally, being an indefinitely postponed explosion has taken an immense toll on his sanity. Turmoil is extremely paranoid, jumpy…and will use any opportunity to realise the forces that rage within him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Nemesis is next...and I really mean it this time! :thumb 

18. The Librarian

As I was saying, I really, really mean it this time!

Nemesis:

“From order shall come chaos.”

Bio:

The Shadow of Chaos. The Primary Herald. The Light that brings Darkness. Throughout history, Nemesis has had many names and many forms. A shape-shifting, manipulative, seemingly indestructible creature of shadow, it has been Unicron’s champion for near eternity.

Destined, at the end of one of Cybertron’s potential timelines to be hurled into a temporal rift, Nemesis was created from its own remains shortly after the battle between the First Ones and the Fallen. Set loose on reality, its purpose was simple: tear down order. From then on it has been the influence behind many galactic or even universal events, patiently planning vast catastrophes.

And now it has finally returned to the place of its rebirth, its attention turning to the children of the being that opposed its master at the dawn of time. The Nemesis is coming…and the Children of Primus may be too divided to stand in its path.

Abilities:

Has great intelligence and strength in its own right, but can open a direct link to Unicron's astral form, drawing on his power to become near unstoppable. Has the ability to 'possess' other beings, controlling their actions completely. Wields what might crudely be termed ‘chaos magic’, the power to affect probability and thus warp the fabric of space and time. This manifests itself as a blue/green light. Transforms into a space cruiser armed with an immense variety of ordinance, including plasma torpedoes, pencil lasers and disruptor cannons.

Weaknesses:

Over use of chaos energy and augmentations leads to extreme stress on its systems, forcing it to revert to less arcane weapons. Also, has a known, but only slight, aversion to the energies contained within the Matrix.

Jetmode (It transforms completely!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robotmode (note that the back pack is heat shields, therefore few details):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a kind of chaos magic!

(Well...really it should be 'It's a kind of method for twisting probability thus altering the fabric of space and time to cause events often associated with the arcane'...but that doesn't really trip off the toungue)

[​IMG]

19. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very intersting, are there plans to use scourge as a template?

20. The Librarian

I'm not sure I understand...

The High Hunt were based off my Sweep model. When I get round to Scourge, he''l be a completely new model.

Nemesis is may own design, with a TF scheme something like a fusion between GF Starscream, Minicon Terradive and Vector Prime.