Generation 1 is the one and only!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tela_Tran2, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tela_Tran2

Tela_Tran2 AUTOBOT MAIN FRAME

The original 98 episodes plus the original movie were the best. All the stupid cartoons that came after, BeastWars, Beast Machines, Armada, Aminated, just to name a few, all FU*KING SUCK!!! They changed too much and the amination also sucked, there too many sceen chages, when you saw the screen transformation, the original had the Autobot or Decepticon symbloy change, but then they got carried away with it and it was happening every min. If you watched the older cartoon not including G1 then you know what I'm talking about.

It all ended with The Rebirth 1,2 & 3

It's a shame the Headmasters were not widely aviable in english, I've only seen small bits on YouTube.

The worst of all has to to be BeastWars. BeastWars is what made me walk away from Transformers as a kid.

Also Where the hell did the little girl come form in the new cartoon, some of the storys a similar to the original, but where did the girl come from, what happened to spike, isn't it a re-telling of the original story?

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    [Charlie Brown]Good Grief.[/Charlie Brown]

Well, simply stated, have you watched B.O.T. since it aired? Really?

Secondly, I watched G1 as a kid, but when BW rolled around, I was a teen (Who had, in fact, walked away from Transformers/kids toys for some time, and I only got back into it when I was in college and was introduced to it by a friend). G1 started in 1984, BW in 1996, so how were you a kid of both generations?

I know, I know, don't feed the trolls, so I'm not going to get into all that "Change can be good, Beast Wars actually is worth watching as something other then a toy commercial, you really want Headmasters with their Shining Head Formations and Ninja Consultants, etc.", I'm sure others will. Or perhaps I'm the only one who bit, and this will be :locked2: 

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Since you are a fairly new poster to this site, I would like to, first, welcome you here.

I try to handle your issues the best as I can.

Animated is not a retelling of G1. It sits in it's own Universe. I'm not a big fan of it, but the kids like it, and it got my Niece interested in Transformers (and now my sister hates me even more :rolleyes: )

A major problem many fans have with A,E,C and RID(including myself) is the horrid voice acting. Try watching them the original Japanese.

I hate to say this about G1, but the animation was bad at points. There were numerous errors with it. Though for the day it was good. The later series the animation quality is much better.

Beast Wars: It got me back into getting the toys, and watching the show. I really got into it when the story got mixed into G1. The CGI was incredible for the day, and I think holds up very well.

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why so GEEWUN?

5. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    OMG, Geewun is awesome, If it's not Geewun then it's CRAP!
    Dude, seriously, take off the rose colored glasses. I agree, Generation One was awesome and innovative for it's time, but that time has unfortunately passed, and would not hold up well at all against most of todays cartoons.

And as for Beast Wars, please give it, and the rest of the TF series' a chance. You just might find that you like them, if you'll just so much as try. You've no doubt liked Alternators, Classics, etc.... I can say with confidence that alot of the asthetic, articulation, and overall TF technology came from BW era innovation in TF design. Also, the Armadaverse isn't half bad. I will agree with you that G1 will always have that one special place in all our hearts that nothing will ever take the place of, but you just might like the rest if you will merely give it a chance.

Well, at any rate, I can tell this thread won't end well.

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Oh for fuck's sake, not again. I'm not getting into this rubbish with YET another one.

7. Tela_Tran2

I'm 31it was along time ago, I guess I should have said I did not come back, or was pched further away when BeastWars came out, my point was the it was the worst of the worst.

8. thundrwaveprime

thundrwaveprime the witch king

GEEWUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously, g1 isn't the greatest. it was the first, but not the greatest.
    there should be a website for gwhiners like you because we don't want to deal with your ignorant crap. g1 was ok, but overrated.

9. Tela_Tran2

I hate to say this about G1, but the animation was bad at points. There were numerous errors with it. Though for the day it was good. The later series the animation quality is much better.

That's what makes it so rememerable, it was great for it's time, NO it can not stand up with todays standard, but when I watch it now i feel like a kid again

Beast Wars: It got me back into getting the toys, and watching the show. I really got into it when the story got mixed into G1. The CGI was incredible for the day, and I think holds up very well.[/QUOTE]

Now for teh CGI in Beast Wars I hated it cause it looked as if they were trying way to hard, i liked it better when it was simple.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I won't get sucked into discussion that's so obviously a one-sided personal opinion because there's no way to have a fair discourse with someone who simply argues that something is "stupid", and it's a pointless and tired debate anyway.

I'm going to go enjoy my Season 1 set of Transformers Aminated now. :rolleyes: 

11. Tela_Tran2

I gave my reasons why I thought Beast Wars was stupid. The CGI was trying too hard. Yes times change, but it took away from the original feel of the cartoon.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Actually, I once watched a solid 30 minutes of the Headmasters portion of G1 when I was waiting to have an eye surgey operation back in January, it was the ep. where Galvatron goes to the bee planet and wants all of their energy or something. Considering it was headmasters in one of the LAST places I expected to find it (Childeren's medical central dead set in the middle of town where I live), I'd have to say Headmasters was either more widespread in english than you think or I found the ONE hospital that knew it was at least somewhat G1 continuity.

I'm somewhat with you on BW, although I was really young then, and didn't get into TFs somewhat untill Armada. In fact, I only learned this year how BW was a really awesome show, but that's my personal opinion, so if you don't like the whole 'techno-organic' thing that's okay. BW was meant to be a splinter G1 timeline anyways in America.

As for the little girl in Animated, Sari Sumdac, she was Dr. Sumdac's 'adopted' daughter and was isolated from society by her father. She got her key altered by the AllSpark after it 'scaned' her, and she's partialy the reason behind the Dinobots gaining sentinence and Soundwave deciding to copy Skynet from the Terminator series by killing all of Humanity because machines were superior.

Spike and his family have made several cameos in the show so far, the most notable instance in "Garbage in Garbage out" where Ratchet is forced to take Spike and about-to-give-birth Carly to a "hospital", nearly getting them killed them three times or so in the process.

But Animated is not G1 retold. Sure the animators threw some clips from G1 in the first two or so minutes from episodes like "War Dawn," but that's about it. G1 did not have the AllSpark, or even the term 'Spark' at all, those came from Beast Wars. Also in G1, Optimus was the supreme leader, not a flunky stuck leading the janitorial squad, Ultra Magnus wasn't the Autobot supreme leader, he was an Optimus Prime repaint with armor, and Sentinel Prime wasn't even in any show before Animated as well. Oh, and Shockwave wasn't a four-changer in G1, either, he turned into a laser gun.

13. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Hmm. I don't feel attachment to later series like I do to G1, and without G1 there would have been no subsequent Transformers' series anyway. But everyone has a different opinion and reason for their opinion. Personally I got into Transformers because of the UK Marvel comic of the 80's, but everyone has a different story. Just because I don't feel BW like I feel G1 doesn't make either less/more important to the fandom at large, and without later seies' to keep it going we wouldn't get a G1 masterpiece Grimlock, so I'm cool.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think every series is pretty much it's own critter. Since this isn't Star Trek there really isn't any reason to somehow make them fit all together.

Some of these Transformers series work well and I take them exactly as is. Some of them only have a few good ideas that I borrow for my personal Transformers Universe while dropping the bad. Some series just don't work at all for me so those I just have to say "well that's some time I'll never get back".

I guess the good thing is that if you aren't confined to there can be only one universe then you can always hold out hope. I mean the live action universe just doesn't appeal to me at all, but somewhere in the back of my mind I know that the movie-verse will not last forever so if I can just live long enough Transformers will change yet again and perhaps something I do like will come along.

15. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    :horse: 

Opinion=/=Fact

No offense, but I honestly can't see how anybody could interpret his chest that way. If anything G1 Prime looks like he has tits.

16. Tela_Tran2

From little bit that I watched I thought it was a re telling. I did not watch it enough to get the full story, but I'm sorry I have to add that Prime looks like a girl, his chest looks like he has tits.

17. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh c'mon man why the hate? so much hate?!? TF isn't all abt G1 anymore. it encompasses everything from G1 up to the current TFA series.

As for BW the innovation that we took for granted nowadays like ball joints, poseability & complicated transformation sequence it all began with BW. so don't totally write-off this series. in fact it has one of the best writings in any TF cartoon. even TFA took some cues from this series. ;) 

18. Sideways

Sideways Banned

OMG GeeWun is teh bestest evah!!!!!!!!!!

*totally sarcastic*

19. FeiZai

FeiZai Well-Known Member

hooray for geewunners!

dont we all wish we had time machines? :D 

20. Tela_Tran2

You said it, when I first watched it, it made it too hard to watch so I never wanted to give it a chance.

ALMOST all sequeals of any movie or TV series ( even if they stand on their own ) are less than the original. Except for Star Trek TNG, I liked that the best of the series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.