general XBL ???

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NotFastEnuff, Oct 23, 2007.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I've just got one question. Does EVERYONE on XBL talk like a 10 year old that just learned the F bomb? EVERYONE (not folks here, not gotten to play with you guys) that I've come into contact with "talks like they just f'n learned that f'n is a mother f'n f'n mother f'n word." For crying out loud. Do I use profanity, yes. Is it every other word, hell no. I'm worried about letting my son watch and play. I know I can change my settings to family, but what kind of players will I get then? Sorry 'bout the rant.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the jackass that sang the whole time I played against him. He's a real gaymer. Dumb ass. If that's all I'm gonna get from XBL, maybe I don't need to keep it. I get my ass handed to me on every damned thing I play on it. Oh well, maybe I'm just full of loss at Xbox.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    "gaymer"?

3. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

Guessing your playing a Halo game. There are alot of little assnuggets your gonna find since everyone owns it. Because they can't been seen by you they believe they are gods and can say what they want, that is till they get load enuf there parents hear them and take away there funbox. You find alot less ******s by doing the simple thing of just playing with people you know. Its also not nearly as bad on any other game besides maybe GoW, but that only seem to last a few weeks after launch.

Also, learn to use the Mute and Feedback system.

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have had a lot of luck in Halo 3 so far only having a handful of screaming children and racists. I suspect it will get worse after Christmas when the rest of under aged kids with bad parents get it.

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Yeah, the first couple weeks I was amazed, after every game there was hardly any shit talking, and everyone was saying good game, win or lose. It's gone downhill from there, and will only get worse on Christmas, but it's nowhere near as bad as I expected.

6. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    The asshats come out in force halo. XBL is alot of fun you just need to get hooked up with a good group like the boys from TFW2005.

Also you can set your headsetset to have the other player voice through the headset so you can plug in the headset to the controller and leave the headset on the table so you can still hear the game FX. I do that when playing the halo matchmaking

Oh and as Savanna said, "learn to use the Mute and Feedback system" this works wonders.

7. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I have only ran into run dickwad while playing Halo 3 so far that as soon as I get into the lobby goes "READY TO GET YOUR ASS FUCKING KICKED??? JDRE?? WHAT KINDA GAY NAME IS THAT?? The game shotty snipers was a easy win for us. He didnt have anything to say when the match was over due to the fact he only got 2 kills.

8. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know if they fixed the standby problem from Halo 2 or not but we had a team slayer game today that felt a lot like we where getting hit by standby. We where winning then things went all laggy and a couple minutes latter we where way behind, like almost 20 points. But after the lag cleared up we started kicking ass again but it was to late, even still I think we only lost by about 5 or so.

9. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

take off or unplug the head-set.

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

The new mute functionality in Halo 3 is a godsend. And I make damn sure to leave bad feedback for everyone being a twit. XBL is "self policing" and if you aren't using the feedback system then... well, it's not going to work.

Shit, I had someone, las night, complain about my guest not getting any kills despite the team winning, dropping F-bombs. So... bad feedback, filed a complaint, moved on.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I find most UKers don't swaer too much. I was on late one night and there were a lot of Americans, and they were just calling each other gay a lot.

Mute. I think I'll start using feedback too.

12. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Kind of glad I don't tend to play online much ;) 

13. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I tend to only play friends on XBL, except when I'm playing a ranked match on H3 and you don't hear them durig the actual game itself. Now when I was playing Perfect Dark Zero online a lot, you met a lot of real jerkwads on there.

14. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here.
    Though one of the games I played last night had two guys on my team carrying out a conversation while we played.
    I just let them get on with it and snuck in and planted the bomb for our team to win.

Bagged me the MVP achivement (finally) as well :p 

And as other have said, the mute systems works a treat.

15. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Thats online gaming for you dude, it comes with the good and the bad.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait till you hear the Elvin Pena song :D 

17. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Same here. Find a group that you enjoy playing with and it makes the games so much more enjoyable.

Weirdwolf, I saw you were on last night and I really wanted to join up and play a few rounds of Halo 3, but my wife and I entertained out-of-town family and I was just too drained. I do however have a 3 day weekend this week so I'm looking forward at unwinding and playing some.

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Sorry you are running into the asshats. I really have not encountered that many of them on Halo 3 yet. It was much worse on Halo 2. Still, the game has not even been out for a month. It will probably get worse after Christmas.

The mute function is great, and the feedback gives you a small sense of justice.

That is worth the price of admission.
    Who sang it again?

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not quite sure actually, I was looking at the little icons to see who was talking at the time. I know Kickback was one of them, but there were others. It was in the loby, not during gameplay, so everyone and their mother was there. God, I need to get some sleep tonight after South Park so I can play tomorrow.

edit: True story (slightly relating to original topic). I remember playing Socom online on the PSP, and hearing some kid flush his toilet... The dangers of Portable online gaming.

20. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

I have heard that way to many times on Live. Wireless Controller or the Wireless headset let you roam free and lets us hear the things you never wanted to.