General new website setup and email help questions.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glhboy, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Glhboy

Glhboy Goes Like Hell....

News Credits:
    So, I am thinking of starting a business. I have a couple questions regarding registering a domain name and going from there.

If I register a domain say at godaddy.com or whoever, how do I setup a Microsoft Outlook email address for my new website?

Also, is there anything else I need to pay for other than the domain name and do I pay that yearly? I won't be selling anything through the website, it will just host contact info, pics and previous work experience and what not.

2. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    You need a hosting service. I use hostmonster.com. Cheap and dependable.

3. Glhboy

Glhboy Goes Like Hell....

News Credits:
    so I buy the domain from godaddy and then go to a hosting service for the email? Or looks like I can use hostmonster to do the whole thing I guess. How would I set up an email account through the new site? say like [email protected]?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    If you go with hostmonster, you buy a hosting package through them, and they throw in the domain purchase in the deal.

hostmonster's control panel explains how to set up outlook to receive emails.

I suggest doing some reading on their site, and other sites about building your own website. Not a dis on you, but you sound like a novice, and it could potentially be a fair amount of money, and frustration spent on certain things you don't understand.

Again, not trying to be a jerk. I would hate for you to plonk down $200 and then be "stuck" with what to do next.