General Leo and Ghestal permanent playable characters in FF VI Advance

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Crossblades, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Crossblades

Crossblades Combiner fan

http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2006/11/27/general-leo-and-gestahl-playable-characters-in-final-fantasy-vi-advance/#more-2356

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have mixed feelings about this. I don't know whether to be excited because of the fact that General Leo is an awesome character, disappointed about this, or not believe this at all.

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

WTF?? Leo I can understand, but how could it possibly fit in the game to play Gestahl?

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Wow. That is interesting news. Leo was an awesome character who got shafted in FF 6. This might tempt me to someday get this game.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hmmm, sounds all a bit too obvious for my liking. Does this mean the ending gets expanded for the two of them? New scenes to develop them (since near on all the rest got some development toward the end)?
    It seems a bit too much like a hoax for my liking. After Aeris, Leo is the one who gets resurrected the most in these things.

5. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

As with the Ragnarok magicite, I would never destroy the Phoenix magicite to ressurect Leo. Ghestal though, that's just plain weird. Why would anyone want him? He always reminded me of some kind of poodle.

I thought Gilgamesh was already in the game though. Isn't he the one in the Phantom Train that steals those treasures? I thought they just mis-translated his name or changed it since back then no one would get the reference.

6. Crossblades

Crossblades Combiner fan

That was Siegfried

7. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Sounds like a hoax, although Summon was originally a skill that worked that way, before it was dummied out in the game.

8. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

More characters is always a good thing! I always thought Leo was shafted in the original. (Aeris sucked though)

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

The picture doesn't even look like they're in the world of ruin... well, maybe on the veldt.

10. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

leo makes sense and leo also rocks. gestahl caught me off guard, but i can see how it would work, considering how he pretty much just falls into nothingness and there's no explanation.

11. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Looks like a hoax, but if it's real, I'd buy 2 copies of the game. One so I could play, the other so I could make sweet love to it.

12. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    NOTE: The Gilgamesh rumor has been proven true.

No one has been able to duplicate the General Leo/Ghestal part yet.

13. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Read up on the GameFaq boards, one Asian guy claims to have it figured out, offered up his save file ... and it was corrupted. Go figure.

Calling hoax on the Leo/Ghestal thing.

Gilgamesh is true, as he's one of the two extra summons they added I believe.

14. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Seems there may be more new Espers than Leviathan and Gilgamesh, that same site reports Diablos and Cactaur as well.

Leo can be hacked easily to be playable in other parts of the game since he was playable for a time, technically anyone who was seen during a battle scene can, I remember codes to play as Kefka since his sprites were all accounted for. But that sprite of Gestahl swinging a flail... I dont know if that was ever in the original game, all we saw was him firing spells. If these are hoaxes someone did a lot of work to make it look legit.

The game technically wont be out in Japan until thursday, give a million japanese players 3 days and we'll know if it's true or not. I hope it is, Leo was awesome and I guess if 12 characters (Setzer especially) can survive a fall to the ground at the height they were at, Gestahl should be able to as well. The more new goodies the better.

15. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Since in the original you briefly played as Leo so it would be easy to photoshop his sprite. Not so sure about Geshtal. I'm honestly hoping it is a hoax. Square has been un-killing their characters lately. Seems almost inevitable that they'll revive Aeris some day.

16. Kickback

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    All characters have portraits now for speaking parts, so that explains his portrait showing up in the profiles.

17. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Technically they already have, look at FF Tactics and Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2... Oh wait, she's Aerith there, maybe that's actually a twin sister.

I've played the game and I can confirm, characters do NOT have portraits for speaking parts, only in FF5 Advance was that included. So that doesn't explain the portrait.

18. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Look at the screenshots. All characters are level 99, after 7 hours of playtime?:dunce 

19. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OBJECTION!
    [​IMG]
    You're lying damn it, and I can prove it!
    It's clearly a shop and I have the evidence that clearly shows the contradiction!
    On the battle screen King Gesthal has 9999 hp
    However, if you look at the menu screen he's level capped at 9785 hp at Lvl. 99!

20. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh snap. Any true fan knows that Aerith is her real name, even officially in North America now. Aeris was a mistranslation, and is no longer considered official by Squeenix.