General ?? About DOTM Buster OP 2 Pack

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TitanCi, Aug 4, 2012.

1. TitanCi

TitanCi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey TFW - I've been mulling on buying this for the past few weeks and haven't quite worked up the courage to get it yet. I want a newer OP figure to go with the 2 TT MPM figures I have, and thought this would be best.

For those of you that have this particular set, do you really like it? Is it worth the $240+ price tag? Any regrets? Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No regrets here. I did buy the 2-pack to keep both figures in alt mode though (I have Jetwing and Striker Primes for bot modes while Jetfire is displayed with Cyberverse/Deluxe/Voyagers all as vehicles). YMMV.

3. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    No.

But what are your options otherwise? It's the only way buster was released with a faceplate and jetfire arguably looks better than the original.

4. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Have you considered the Amazon.com Hasbro version Wing Optimus or the new Premium Deco Striker Prime both due out sometime quite soon ?

5. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sort of agree.

It is the best version of Jetfire, but he still sucks. It's just a really poor mold (and as time passes I'm begining to think it was one of the weaker movie designs to begin with).

I don't like the combined mode. I have to say it looks much better in photos than in person. It's just a big mess (and I'm talking about the alternate fan transformations as well).

That being said, Buster Prime kicks major ass and I prefer him with the face plate. That made this a must buy for me back during the ROTF days. I'd buy it again if I didn't already have it. (that $150 pricetag he was originally offered for really seems like a deal now)

BUT- unless you really want Jetfire and the combined mode, I'd really wait to spend the money until we find out exatly what the premium Striker Prime is exactly. Presumably it will be revealed soonish. If my Striker Prime had the chrome and more detailed paint aps Buster has, he'd be the better of the two hands down.

6. TitanCi

News Credits:
    Very true. I hate the non-FP version, and that's why I've been mulling on it so long: the price tag.

^I haven't. I'm going to look those up. I like the paint apps on the TT version.
    IF it's going to be that good, I may just pass up on the two pack and hopefully save SOME dough. Thanks for the heads up!

7. TitanCi

News Credits:
    For sure, I agree with you. Thanks for this bit of advice. I didn't even know that a new version was coming out until I asked this question, so I'm glad I did! I don't particularly care for Jetfire either so...

I'm impatiently awaiting the Hasbro MP OP and now this!

8. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have this, and these are the best version of the two figures out there. It's only 200 USD at Robot Kingdom, I'm not sure how much shipping would cost, though...

9. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Yes, it's worth it. This set will grow in value very fast just like the original ROTF 2 pack. That set fetches crazy money already....I've got the ROTF pack and I'm very, very tempted for this one as well. Another thought, when was the last time, if ever, there was a combiner pack of leader sized figures. None. That makes it more unique than just a simple 2 pack imo.

Oh, forgot about Victory Saber & God Fire giftset :eek: 

10. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really new version, rumour has it that Striker Optimus Prime being chrome but no concrete news from TakTomy as of now.

11. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    The only way it could ever be worth that price is if you don't own prime or jetfire at all, even then that is high.

I have it and like the set, but I only paid I think $149 at Kmart when it was here.