Minor/Repaint: Gen. WheelJack leg mod...the hard way.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by JazzEd, Nov 26, 2011.

1. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

So I really hated Gen Wheeljack being so short next to all other Classics/Gen Tfs. I decided to do something about it.

First, a RTS Tracks had to be sacrificed to make this mod. But I ended up using more parts from Tracks then I thought I would.

You do need to grind off the WheelJack's original rear wheels. I used a Dermel, and I'm glad I did. At first I was just gonna cut off the wheels with some snips. After using the Dermel I saw that there's a metal rod running through the plastic. I also grinded down Track's kneecaps to let WJ bend his legs. After they were grinded, I hit them with a blast of Fusion Flat Black.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    You've also got to use WJ's thigh parts, just unscrew and attach to Tracks knee slides. If not WJ's crotch balljoints are too small and you'll get a floppy WJ.

Now that you've got Tracks shins with wheels, you need to match up the front rims. And of course it's not a simple swap for the arms either. WJ's arm balljoints are bigger then Track's, so the arms sockets won't fit. So the balljoints need to be sanded down a bit, not too much. Track's arms match up perfectly for WJ's paint scheme.

After all is said and done, you'll get this, a taller WJ that's fully transformable.

I always liked Gen. WJ but now, he's in my top three.
    The only downside, is that you'll lose the ability to store WJ's "wrenchs" on his shins.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wheeljack's legs don't bother me, but this is some good work. :thumb 

I really enjoy the sponsor decals you've place on it in alt mode. I especially like the white border Autobot symbol, as it blends in with the rest. I think things like that are very clever :) 

3. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime autobot

I like! That's pretty cool. Now the shins/hood part isn't so bulky looking, which is why I've held off on getting WJ.

4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Now that's a Wheeljack!