GEN-TR Trypticon now in Australia

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by griffin-of-oz, Jun 8, 2017.

1. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    The awesome Trypticon toy has started arriving at BIGW stores in Australia.

The stores have been told to sit on them until the mid-year toy sale starts in two weeks time, but some stores may start putting them on shelves as soon as they get them, and since they scan at the price-checker, you should be able to buy one if you find a store that puts it out for sale.

The full price of this figure is AU$298 (about US$220), which follows the trend of $50 increases each year for Titan Class toys at BigW, despite the US retail price being mostly unchanged since the first one (Metroplex was RRP US$125, while Devastator, Fortress Maximus and Trypticon all have RRP of US$150)

Yes, that price is more than was expected, especially since the US retail price for Titan class has mostly remained the same since the first one (Metroplex in 2013), while ours has now doubled from AU$150 for that same toy in 2013. But BigW are price leaders (like Walmart in America) when it comes to toys, usually matching or undercutting other major retailers in Australia (as seen with their other Transformers toy prices), so if this was the best price they could offer us, it is because of the wholesale price that Hasbro (in America) has required it sell for in Australia.
    Which is a shame, as the one-off higher priced items are usually cheaper here than the usual "double US pricing" we get on regular, smaller items (which is a lot more than what exchange rates here are).
    So... if you are in Australia, maybe wait about a week, until we know if it is discounted in the mid-year toy catalogue (I would hope it is discounted at that price), but be prepared if it isn't, as the last three Titan sized toys weren't.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I, as always, will be waiting for my favorite transformer phrase:

SHELFWARMER DISCOUNT

3. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  4. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will be waiting for a sale after seeing it in hand.

No rush on this one for me.

5. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing as how Metroplex has been found at Ollie\'s going for a cool 40 bucks after all his shelfwarming, I think I\'ll wait on Trypticon.  

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Let the waiting game begin. 

• Like Like x 1
  7. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Fort Max.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awww yeah

stil haven\'t seen Sixshot though

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, Fort Max (got one yesterday).
    The difference here is that Metroplex was only ever on discount for a very short period of time, and I believe it was in the $75-90 range. It was also the first true Titan figure.
    Fort Max is essentially a Metroplex remold less well known in the US in comparison to his mold mate. Yeah, he's different enough, but not to the average consumer. He also seems pretty well over-produced.
    Trypticon has numerous things on it's side as selling points- G1 familiarity, giant robo dinosaur, original mold...
    IF it gets to discount, which it probably will at some point, I doubt it will be in the same numbers as we're seeing Fort Max.
    Incidentally, try to find a Metroplex for under $200. Most eBay sales are much higher. I see Trypticon following suit after the fact.

10. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    If you have a ToysRUs near enough to get to, try there, as they seem to be the only retailer at the moment who has it, and most TRU stores have quite a few of them.

11. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With the bigger TF releases I only have found Devastator, Metroplex, and Fort Max at TRU. Aside from online, Walmart and Target will not touch Trypticon.

12. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Dayum.. 300 AUD is alot of coin to be paying for TR Trypticon..:eek: 

13. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    You know what the state side Hasbro version needs ?

A voice chip of Brad Garrett reprising the voice of ole' Trypti-babes.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

...Holy shit. I had no idea Tryp was him. Wow. Now I kinda need to back and watch everything again.

15. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    And the guy who played Harry Mudd in the original Star Trek voiced Cyclonus.

16. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Doesn't happen in Australia

Seriously, didn't even see Devastator on shelves and the one place that held onto Fortress Maximus (Everywhere else sold out in like, two weeks) hasn't budged on the price since release

17. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

I'm soooo confused about how they are selling this during a MOVIE YEAR. This is horrible news. I'm wondering how many stores will order. I mean, I guess they might get a few to have another TF item to sell during the mania! :D  But on the other hand, these boxes can be huge and they will be flush with unsold 1-steps and gimmicky junk! :( 

I'm in the USA and I never see these "discounted". The only store that carries this? TRU. And they're pretty staunch about price drops (i.e. doesn't happen for TITANS). And even if they do a temporary drop, good luck finding a clean copy at the store (where they can get vandalized if enough time passes). No, the best way to acquire this (out of the gate) is to use a TRU coupon (which are far more infrequent nowadays and completely unreliable when time is a factor), or better yet - TRU Reward Dollars.

Maybe LDM meant that discounters will have him for cheaper down the line? (But that's also a big risk when you think about it - Hasbro is shipping MOVIE TOYS, so it's likely this guy will get short-packed, especially given his large packaging. I think discounters get their stock from local stores/wholesalers, NOT from overseas. The excess toys will likely end up stuck in China/Vietnam, imo).

18. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

Yeah, nobody had Devastator, Metroplex, or Max in store at all over here either, that I ever saw, and the only store to discount Max online in the UK was Tesco, and that was just a three for two, which sold out in minutes.

19. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I NEVER have had an issue finding it discounted at other stores. in Canada costco carried Metroplex and it dropped in price a couple months after release.

20. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Go Canada.

In the States, most stores do NOT carry these. Yes, they occasionally make it to a CostCo... but that's typically on the WEST COAST, not the entire country.

It's definitely easier to get these shipped to you at a discount... which is rather ironic when you consider the expense of sending something this large. :lol