Gen Thundercracker in package & bio

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ORIO, Feb 28, 2011.

1. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    IDK dude, break up the set just to sell TC? Nah. Best advice, put them all back in the box, put the box up in closet and forget about it, enjoy Gen. TC when he comes out. Win, win.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm tempted to get this figure, even though I already have one (kitbashed Skywarp). Might just get this guy, use him as my Classics Tcracker, and then move my kitbashed figure over to my Universe shelf (already got a Starscream and a Skywarp on that shelf, might as well have a Thundercracker too).

3. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I agree. If any of the seekers got released again, I think it should be Skywarp. Because he was a store exclusive and sold out quick. In my opinion, it would be smart to release Skywarp single carded.

4. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Absolutely gorgeous! Immediate purchase, if I can find it!

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    there's no way i'll put the box set away with figures in it. just can't do it. but i may still buy TC when he comes out... we'll see.

6. Zula

Zula Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm still looking forward to the figure, but that bio is rather disappointing.
    Thundercracker was the seeker that I found most interesting, because of his conflicted nature reflected his bio.
    The bio, now, is just a short description of his powers, and even that is a little bit of a letdown, as they're too similar to Dirge for my taste. I wish they had described his Sonic Booms as more physically offensive weapons.

Ah, well...

At least I'll have four of the the classic Seekers soon (missing only Starscream and Skywarp), and can imagine a better bio for Thundercracker...:) 

7. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    must.........get

8. Transformuable

Transformuable Combiner Class

At least it's not a repaint of the coneheads.Looks alot like G1 to me.

9. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that hasbro CAN'T re-release Skywarp...it is a Target EXCLUSIVE.

I am sure there is a ton of legality that Hasbro won't bother with just to satisfy a few fans.

As for Ramjet and Starscream, I would say maybe on Ramjet, and no on Starscream.

SS shelfwarmed here pretty bad in both versions.

Ramjet as well, just not quite as bad.

10. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    IDK where this shelfwarming SS comes from, I only ever saw him once and only once.

11. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Easily solved - give Skywarp a G1-esque deco on the wings to bring him style with TC here and Universe Starscream, and that will suitably set him apart from the Classics version. Also, it's not like Target have any legal ownership of the toy, here in the UK he was released at Woolworths.

12. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Awesome, TC is mine as soon as he hits the shelves here.

Now I will only be missing Ramjet and Skywarp, we didn't even get the Skywapr/Magnus 2-pack here.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Not all the bios in Generations can be surefire hits. Plus, TC isn't as well known to the target audience (kids), so I think giving him some supposedly "unique" powers (even though I do agree that they're FAR to similar to Dirge's fear-generating sub-frequency) instead of some complicated self-conflict with his own faction would sell the toy better.

Plus, it is still technicially the same figure, and I for one have never let the bio be what makes or breaks a toy purchase, I let the merits of the toy do that (and boy do I need that TC).

No. Target's "exclusive" movie 1 scout redecos of select A/E/C scout classes (Storm Surge, Air Raid, Clocker, and Hardtop) later got released in two other 2-pack exclusives...to Wal*Mart.

PLus, the Target exclusive was the two-pack with Magnus, and odds are Hasbro might not re-release the white Prime, but they are still going to milk that Seeker mold for all its worth.

14. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

This might hit a few nerves, but most if not all SDCC / Target / Toy "R" Us / Walmart exclusives were sold in South East Asia as regular products in most departmental stores.

Infact, you can even buy Recon Ravage off the shelves in Toy "R" Us in Singapore. It's even on clearance now for 8 SGD.

On top of that, packaged Dark of the Moon toys have started to hit shelves in South East Asia.

So really, Hasbro exclsuives aren't really exclusives except for Botcon and Transformers' Club exclusives.

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Just got my email from bbts that he they have processed my preorer.

16. Whovian Zorker

Whovian Zorker Well-Known Member

If I might attempt to clarify someone else's post:

I know this topic was brought up at some point on a WTF@TFW podcast, but I can't remember the exact details. I think it had something to do with not making an "exclusive" item available for sale by the competition. I doubt that (for an arbitrary example) Target/USA considers Store X/Singapore to be their competition.

ETA: IANAL, but I would guess that the clauses "for a time period of X" and "in market Y" are fairly standard in contracts where one party avows that they "will not do W."

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  17. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I got mine also. I'll wait till both eHobby United 3-packs arrive till I ship my PoL.

18. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Me too! Can't wait!

19. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I agree, the bio is a bit of a let down. And if I was Hasbro I would be giving IDW a big pat on the back, because they took a character who had pretty much nothing going for him, who had always played second fiddle to Starscream or even third fiddle to Skywarp, and they gave him a new lease on life. IDW's take on Thundercracker has led to a big surge in TCs popularity (A Thundercracker Spotlight is almost a certainty I would wager) and he's one of those characters who seems to be getting universal acclaim even by people who don't read the comics or even like them.

I thought Hasbro would want to capitilize on this.

20. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Yesterday we get our first look at Thundercracker in package and now he's in stock at BBTS. I ordered the set with Wheeljack, Kup, and Scourge and added Lugnut today and shipped my POL. It will be nice to finally have all three of the original Seekers finally. Now it's time to play the waiting game.