Gen Blurr's guns intended for Perceptor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ORIO, Oct 23, 2010.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ever since we heard about Generations Blurr and Perceptor I can't help but think that Blurr's guns are intended for Perceptor.

In IDW's comics Perceptor went from being a scientist to sniper-rifle armed Wrecker. Leading Tracks to think he's scary.

Blurr's speed is his weapon. IDW Perceptor has a sniper rifle and two pistols. Does the math make sense to anyone else?

I got Blurr on Thursday and immediatley stripped him of his weaponry. Combined all three guns and gave it to classics Cliffjumper so he can have Megatron "dead set in his viewfinder". Looks better than the FP upgrade that I have. That gun is more like a bazooka.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Nah, I don't think they were intended for anyone besides Blurr. Something had to go in those holsters.

And I don't like buying a repaint that has less accessories than the original.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Isn't Blurr's rifle based on his Pre-Targetmaster gun?

4. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think so. Generation Scourge's is though.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's a good idea. I may do the same when Perceptor comes out. But for now Blurr has that rifle and Drift has the pistols. I almost want to buy a 2nd Blurr just for his weapons

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's definitely a match for his original gun from 1986.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll bet Perceptor gets rifle envy though, and there's no reason he can't borrow it.

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Buying a couple blurrs is my plan for the weapons....

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I'm actually thinking about getting TFU Blurr. He seems like the only new figure that Takara has actually improved upon significantly.

9. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't see it. Those guns look completely different to me.

But yeah I agree, no reason perceptor can't use them. But it just seems odd to include the weapons that Perceptor uses in the IDW comic with Blurr. Was this Hasbro's way of "sliding it in"?

...giggity.

10. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    The circle detail is the same. It's like his gun was super extended and the top bar thing removed.

11. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd give the rifle to Percy. It's easy to think of Blurr going all Chow Yun-Fat with a couple pistols than patiently lining up a target.

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I thought of this too. I'm going to get a blurr to do the punch/counterpunch repaint, and give his guns to perceptor.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Perceptor as a sniper as portrayed in the IDW books? I'm not saying that I don't think Perceptor shouldn't/can't use a firearm (in fact, I think he'd pretty pretty skilled, which does give the IDW portrayal some legitimacy). I just prefer Perceptor not using a gun too often nor having a "sniper-type" persona.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Blurr's two blasters are based on Armada Blurr, the steel-nerved sniper. Generations Blurr combines elements of Armada, IDW and Cybertron Blurr into one package. Or so it seems.

15. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    since its the Drift mold you had to have three weapons 2 small and 1 large, So going to guns is obvious first choice. Maybe the next repaint(Deadlock) will have big gun on back and two knives at his hips or some combination. It was just added as a gimmick rather than a homage.

all that said though when I get my Gen Perceptor he just might beat up Blurr and take his weapons.

16. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Perceptor will definitely be getting the sniper rifle from my Blurr, I don't know about the pistols.

17. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I'm with you, he's a scientist first and foremost.

18. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I'll be honest, Perceptor in a different universe than standard G1, I can see him as a hardcore sniper. That shoulder scope is perfect for that. But in standard G1? I see him more as a scientist who got caught up in a war, but doesn't use guns. He's more of the MacGyver of Cybertron.

Now as for Blurr, yes, his gun was an electro-laser for G1, and the current Universe gun/s kind of homage that, but the bio is totally different, so I'm willing to accept that a super fast messenger can also be a silent but deadly sniper.

I did take a photo, because I was checking to see if Gen. Blurr's weapons fit to G1 Blurr and vice versa. Unfortunately, they don't. G1 Blurr's do fit to Animated Blurr, which was a complete win for the Animated line.
    [​IMG]
    BTW, see what I did there Orio?

Attached Files:

19. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I dunno, but if I manage to get both someday (... if Generations appear in my country...) I'll do that, I love Perceptor as sniper, and I still think we need a SniPerceptor in Generations (maybe a new mold with tank-like vehicle mode to reflect the change... it's nice to dream) :p  but giving Perceptor the Blurr's guns will left a weaponless Blurr :/

20. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    I'm only planning to pass the large rifle to Perceptor. Besides that I really like the sniper idea, a rifle that damn huge would impact Blurr's mobility. The little Armada-derived pistols are a better fit and I'm gonna guess a lot easier to do badass poses with.

I personally like the sniper role because it just kinda fits. It's a method of combat that's not officially shared by many, and when a character is known for high-power optics and is named "Perceptor", it all kind of comes together with a knack for marksmanship. Plus snipers aren't an every-operation unit, so Perceptor will still have plenty of time to be a scientist. It's a good balance.