Gen 1 Megatron 3D version - Scratch build In my spare time i like to do some 3D modeling work for kicks and had an idea some months back to do a Gen 1 Megatron costume for Halloween, cons and such. well yesterday i started my model of good ol' Megs and today I'm sharing a recent screen cap of my Build in Progress. I'm planning on hopefully building a 4 part combiner using this technique eventually but for now say hello to the first pics of many showcasing whats to come. I have decided that instead of the head sliding back with the rest of the arm/trigger assembly, that it should fold inward and then collapse the upper torso downward over top of the abdomen section. im planning on using a program called Pepakura to make a 2D file where i will either use card stock and fiberglass resin to re-create the 3D figure or using styrene, which I hear is hard to cut, but would be cheaper than running out to get fiberglass resin when I ran out of the stuff, and would reduce the risk of thinks like skin cancer should I happen to get the goopy crap on me in some form. As for scale im unsure of how big it will be, but bigger figure means more money and time, while smaller figure means more intricate parts and placing. the goal of this project is to get as accurate to the Gen 1 cartoons as possible while still retaining my own artistic spin on things such as the arms, head and alt mode appearance.