Gen-1 Animated Series..Continued!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SamiWCP, Aug 1, 2007.

1. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

With all the talk for the next few months turning from movie to animated...And of course, all the griping and opinion tossing that'll surely follow..I was thinking,

What if they made an animated series, be it cartoon or CGI stuff..But, like--Generation 1 Continued! Back to the original stories, characters..And just continue it. Do you think it'll ever happen, or anything remotely close to that? Or will we forever get more futuristic weird vehicle type things?

I would love to see it..

2. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If that's you in your signature, I wanna see more videos with YOU in them!

Sorry....back on topic, I would love it. I am surprised that they've never done it with all of the reissues and stuff. G1 is obviously not dead.

3. ssjautobot

ssjautobot Banned

News Credits:
    i think it would be about 100 steps backwards

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Actually, I think it could happen.

Marvel and DC are currently turning a profit with their direct to DVD movies.
    Hasbro has stated its intent to be more than just a toy company.

While I don't think there will ever be a weekly cartoon that carries the continuity from G1 again, I could see Hasbro releasing direct to DVD movies that pick and choose their place in the myths; G1, Beast Wars, War Within.

It may never happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if people at Hasbro have already discussed such a project.

5. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

It would definitely be nice to have gen-1 continued, but I just can't see it happening. It was great for kids back in the 80's, but cartoons have changed drastically, as have the tastes and opinions of children. What kids thought was cool back in the 80's may not be the same as what kids today might find cool. Certain character images would have to be changed to keep up with modern technology and to respect the wishes of certain automotive companies.

But it is nice to hope and maybe someday we'll get a cartoon that we can assosciate more with G1, unlike a lot of the stuff we've seen in recent years.

6. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Yeah, of course there can be change some..Some modernization etc..And of course lose some of that..poor quality type issues..Make it better of course..BUt, just get back to what it was..And take it from there.

7. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

id like to see a war within animated series or dvd movie so same characters but not the same old g1 that would be sweet

8. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Possible, but unlikely. Even if it was 'exactly like' G1, it still wouldn't be 'exactly like' it. Another possiblity would be to release the Japanese shows to the states, instead of just the fan dubs/subs on the net.

9. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I would absolutely love to see this happen.

10. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now THAT I could get behind. The shows are already animated, which means it's a matter of either professional dubbing or subtitles. However, there's still a low likelihood of that happening.

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

There would still be some G1 purists who would bitch. ;) 

But, if it would make some people happy, sure, why not? I'm not really that interested myself, but if it happened, I'd watch it... after all, I bought Classics, right? :) 

12. lildevilchick

If they updated the characters that needed updating, I could see there being a greater possibility for a G1 oriented cartoon. In fact, I think if they used animation like they did in the 80's, and made it modern-looking but with that classic cartoon feel that we just don't see anymore, then we might have something revolutionary on our hands. I think it would be a wise move since it would appease old-school fans and still bring in new ones. There's no denying that a lot of us would love to see it. It's simply a case of Hasbro wanting to go back to their origins.They might view it as a step in the wrong direction.

13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'd be down with an Ultimate version of G1.

14. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Truthfully I"m suprised they haven't done something like this already, seems like it'd be a no brainer, especially with the Live action movie out and about.

15. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

just what is that classic cartoon feel? I know exactly what you mean but what is it that makes the 80's cartoons "feel" differant i cant decide if it was something in the writing or animation or if it is simply nostalgia that make them feel so special.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    continued from season 4 or Victory or Zone?

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

This I would love, and maybe some updated G1-esque style DVD releases too. Honestly the only thing that bothers me about the upcoming Animated...besides the stupid 'Animated' tagline...is the art style. Otherwise it pretty much matches the spirit of G1 in characters and overall concept. At least imo.

18. lildevilchick

It's a combination of the three, in my opinion. The animation, though from the 80's, flows really well. Compare fight scenes in G1 to fight scenes in Armada, for instance. One of my biggest annoyances with Armada was that the fights basically consisted of everyone pushing each other back and forth, while in G1 you do get to see them actually fight. Despite being drawn almost 20 years later, Armada felt less-fluid and blockier by far than did G1. I just think animation is so cheap these days...

The voice acting and dialogue were so much better in my opinion. A lot of what we hear in cartoons today just sounds too forced. I look at old cartoons like I do old movies. The acting is so much better because they don't have special effects and "pretty" CGI. Movies and cartoons had to rely on goo scripts and good actors to sell them to their audiences.

And then, of course, there is nostalgia.

19. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Well said.

20. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah bring back G1! Alternate storyline! They could start by remaking the Transformers movie cartoon and not letting Prime die.