Geewunners in your family?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eagc7, May 21, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    just wondering in yoru family do you haev any geewunenrs?

i do, my dad and hsi borthers used to see G1 whiel my dad and one of uncels accpet the changes the other one Dont As he Dosent accepts Bee beign a camaro instead of a beatle (but i explained it to him why they didnt used the beatle), Why Megs is not renamed as Galvatron after hsi resusrected in ROTF, Why megs is not a Gun, Why the dinobots arent in it, that means he is geewunenr BUT he loves the Films btu jsut wish they we┬┤re mroe closer to the g1 cartoon

do yo uhave any geewunner in yoru family?

2. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

I am G1.

I pretty much hate the new movies, other than being pretty to look at, they offer nothing to me.

Have all my original G1 and looking to add to it continually.

My son who is 1 now will grow up with Transformers: Prime on TV, but u better believe he will watch and know what the one that started it all is, Generation 1.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    So many ways to go with this, I can't even decide...

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    If by Geewunner, you mean I prefer G1 to other genres...then I probably fit that definition. I'd say my daughter is too, to a lesser extent. That was my first exposure to Transformers, and so its my default when I think of Transformers.

However, I do enjoy other TF genres - Animated, Prime. Looking forward to exploring Beast Wars once the Shout Factory DVDs hit. I also like the movies to an extent, though the movie aesthetic is probably my least favorite. I've tried to expose the little one to the other ones I enjoy as well.

5. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    You're one of those people who only likes the movies, right? I don't think you're one to complain about fans who only like one series.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well see, I'm often torn between G1 & Beast Wars because while G1 was my initial experience & ultimately what got me hooked, I'd be a fool to deny that the Beast Wars/Beast Machines generation (toys & tv show) was ultimately my favorite. Along with that, I'm loving Prime, I didn't think the movies were all that bad, and I think Cybertron's gonna be the next one for me to hit up.

In other words, I consider myself to be an overall transformers fan, not simply a loyalist to one of the many brands out there.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I hate "geewunner". I like G1 and A LOT of my family also love G1 and have no interest in any of the other series. Some like Beast War and the live action movies but for the most part, G1.

8. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yup im a moviewunner

9. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I'm surprise your dad hasn't convinced you that there's absolutely nothing better or beyond G1, hands down! The evolutions of the TF franchise is indeed an EPIC failure in my book.

As for your question, absolutely NOT! I'd probably disowned them.... lmao

10. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    well He lieks tf But he is not that big of a fan like me. plus he never told me of transformers when i was mroe yougner i had to wait till the film was out for fidn out what tf was

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    There's a Geewunner in my family, and he is me. Although not in the way you'd think: I hate the fact that the G1 cartoon is nothing like the G1 comics, which came first and are superior.

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GeeTooErrrr is where it's at.

13. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Nobody is my family is that. My brother grew up with G1 but he grew out of Transformers back in 89. Myself, G1 really has no impact on me. I grew up with Beast Wars so I have greater feelings for that era instead.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Given that "Geewunner" has become such a loaded term I have to wonder why you went with that instead of G1 fan in your family?

Me and my two brothers used to rush home from school to watch the G1 episodes and they read my copies of the old Marvel run so I'd say three in the family right there.

Not really sure if they kept up with Transformers after G1 but I really enjoyed series like Beast Wars, Animated, and now I'm enjoying Transformers Prime. Can't say I'm a fan of just one series, but I also don't feel like I have to have to like something just because it has Transformers slapped on it. If it's good I'll like it and if it's not good then I'm not going to like it even if that gets me as a "Geewunner".

15. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    from what i read in tfwiki geewunenr is somebody who cant accept changes from G1 on anotehr continuty and my uncle cnat accept the changes they did in the film, making him a geewunner

16. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Guess I'm not a Geewunner then - just a G1 fan :) 

17. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    You make it sound like a bad thing. If someone prefers Bumblebee as a beetle, that's their right, and it isn't a bad thing. I know I'd prefer BB as a compact car instead of him being just another car any day of the week.

18. eagc7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i know, i was jsut saying what i read

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You mean... one of those people? Officially we don't- but, truthfully, we keep him locked up in the basement. He is the family secret. He's shackled to the brick wall, and once a day we put a tin tray of table scraps in front of him to eat.

Occasionally the neighbors claim to hear something coming from under our house, but we convince them that we're watching our Uncle's dog. then we tranquilize him.

:rolleyes2 

I AM the family geewunner. Got a problem with it?

Screw TF Wiki. They're a bunch of fanboys that write according to their own prejudices and, at the end of the day, are still just a WIKI.

Don't candy coat it- it's a term of hate.

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Forgive me if any of this comes off as less than sterling, reading the OP's many posts have damn near given me a migraine. Not because I disagree with him/her, but because my bulldog could type better than that while drunk.

Now, to address your original question: Pretty much everyone in my family likes the G1 series better than any other. With the exception of my many young nephews, who only care that robot toys that turn into cars are cool. And even then, half of them called Animated "stupid", so the divide is alot more than just "Geewunner vs. the world".

And while we're at it, why would you use what amounts to a fighting term to start off your thread? It's like you wanted conflict. Well, here goes:

Michael Bay is a hack. He could have saved millions of dollars in SF budget by just photoshopping car parts onto the machines from The Matrix, since that is what he ripped off.

So now your mission is accomplished.