Heavy/Scratch: Gears - with actual comrade carrying capacity as per his tech spec ;)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by skidsinlimbo, Jul 22, 2009.

1. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

Gears not quite 1:25 . He is in fact roughly 3.5x 1:25 model minis long and 2 minis high a new unit of measurement but appropriate.

Attached Files:

2. David

David Here for a good time, not a long time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's pretty cool. Man if only you had better paint skills and bigger arms and head cuz there is so much potential is this kitbash its unreal. I think when your skills get better you do this one again.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have to agree here and also say that despite the coolness of this piece, it's just not "Gears" for me. I can appreciate the attempt to use his paint scheme for the attempt though.

In regards to your painting, I don't see anything holding you back from picking this piece back up, and cleaning him up a bit. I really think it would be worth your time and effort to do so. Smooth down those coats some (I personally like Future floor polish for this), and mask of some edges if you have to in order to make the sections you don't want paint on clean.

I'm still really intrigued with the engineering level of this piece. You've really done a nice job with the transformation and such. Keep up the good work :thumb 

4. skidsinlimbo

thanks I think I've tracked down the equivalent in the UK and will try it do you have any tips.

The engineering took best part of a fortnight on and off in my free time. one Junk Blaster large amounts of glue and Plastruct and plastic card.

It was more a case of having the Italian job coach in mind and then picking a character to suit if someone wanted to do another version in white it would probably be a good Metroplex.

I am happy to exchange ideas if anyone wants to go into the engineering

5. skidsinlimbo

I now have the UK equivalent of Future floor polish. Well I hope it is I will test it somewhere just in case it's not and it eats all the plastic its called Klear.

6. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

need to work on the feet. larger body parts besides legs too, this would be cool as a jugernaut.

7. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

i mistook this for a trainformer... still a bus combiner would be cool too. :D 

8. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    nice