Gears of War 1 problem

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by shumworld, Jun 7, 2011.

1. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I need help.

I've been playing the Gear of War 1 campaign with my buddies, for some reason 9 times out of 10 my guns would get jammed as I reload. In a Casual play through, I asked a friend if that happen to him as we played, he said no.

Later I played a Hardcore Campaign with another friend and my guns still get jammed, I asked my friend if his guns got jammed whenever he reloaded he said no also. Just wondering if this could be fixed, because this problem annoy me and makes me incompetent among my friends.

2. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

when you hit the bumper to reload you need to hit again when the timer by the ammo hits the little cross mark to do a "perfect reload". it takes a little time but once you get the hang of it, its easy

3. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Did you try pressing "A"?

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Sounds like you're hitting the RB button when it's starting to reload; this will cause a jam. When you need to reload, you'll see a slider across the top right of the screen, and the goal is hit the RB button right where the white line is thickest this will give you a "perfect reload". Perfect Reloads gives you ammo an extra kick while the bullets are flashing.

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Yeah, it definitely just sounds like simply messing up the active reload. Also, most of the weapons in the game have a different timing to the reload, like the Longshot or Torque-bow are much slower than a Lancer or something.

That is, unless the OP has been playing Gears for years now and really is experiencing a glitch. I personally had an online co-op session in Gears 1 a while back where after a while it wouldn't let me switch weapons at all. Once I picked my pistol, that was all it would allow me to use until I quit. It was weird as hell. lol

6. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

:bowdown: