Heavy/Scratch: GearHead (first time using sculpy)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Rumble02, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

So this is my first time using sculpy to create a fully unique head for a tf. on the main body the paint seemed to be a bit thick. I think it was in the begining stages of getting drying out. Anyway quick bio and then pics. I hope you and joy. C&C is always welcome. Need more tools for using sculpy.

Name: Gearhead
    Allegiance: Autobots
    Function: Tech Research-Engineering Assistant.

Gearhead loves to work alongside Wheeljack and Ratchet. He looks forward to each new invention and being able to be the first to test the equipment. several of their devices have been used to permanently upgrade Gearhead, even before proper testing. This causes him both to have great benefits and fallbacks when the devices to not work properly. His primary upgrade is in the center of his hood and his called the Micro-Transdemensional-Portal-Array or MTPA. This device has saved his life more than once. If an enemy shoots him in the chest, the device automatically opens a mini worm whole that absorbs the blast and opens a new pathway for the blast to exit directly behind the enemy who shot the original blast. Many Decepticons have fallen prey to their own weaponry thanks to the MTPA device. Gearhead loves what he does and is glad to be a Guinea Pig for the advancement of the Autobots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Theand

Theand Well-Known Member

The color sceme is the same of the Junkions.

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    yeah look like a racing junkion :D  cool!

4. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

I like what I'm seeing here!
    Keep it up!

5. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    I would recomend a very fine sandpaper to smoothen out parts of the face to give it a cleaner look but for a first time very impressive, keep up teh good work.

6. grufflock

grufflock Banned

Very nice work there mate. The face, though simple, is miles above what I did when first using sculpting clay. That was terrible and went in the bin.
    So, yeah. For a first attempt, impressive. Echo the above sentiment, sand it down a bit.

7. nemesisred

nemesisred Well-Known Member

8. jigs625

jigs625 Autobot-TODA Operator

bravo for your first attempt. also nice use of the G1 stickers

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like the head sculpt a lot. I'm not too keen on the color palette for this one, though. The two labels on the chestplate seem to make sense, but I can't say the same for the rest of them. I think what I would suggest is to junk him up. If he's a tech assistant, I can see it looking all "Mad Max" as if he was constantly trying to upgrade himself. I'd also suggest doing that rust technique that plowking explained - it could almost be as if he saw rust coming on and was constantly trying to do things to save himself.

I hope my comments are helpful. Keep it up bud!