Heavy/Scratch: Gearbox: My first TF costume

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Heh, i'm almost embarrassed to put this up here. I look like such an idiot, even without the costume. :lol 

Anyways, i had a thread over in CGD a while back asking what people would call a blue robot that looked a bit like...um, Universe Ironhide, i guess? Anyways, it was a fan-character, which was coloured blue to represent the 'house' i was placed in at school (y'know, how teachers would split students arbitrarily for their own sick amusement? yeah... :lol ). Someone mentioned the name
    Gearbox, and the name stuck. This is the costume i built of it. It doesn't transform (duh), and the helmet (which would have been Soundwave-esque) was never built. Thankfully, it lasted until the end of our school fundraising day, after which it promptly broke. These pics my friends captured on the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never knew how stupid i looked in this thing until now, but it was all in the spirit of the day, i guess. :)  The windscreen, though i never actually used it, is actually the perfect size to place my iPad. But i can't trust the people at my school, so i left my iPad at home. Would've been cool, though. And you have no idea how impractical it is to walk around in those robot feet. :(  In hindsight, wearing black shorts would've helped, too.

Attached Files:

2. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome!......

NERD!!

[​IMG]

:wink: 

3. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    :cool: 

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Haha...I forgot that you went with my name suggestion.

5. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Separating students into "houses" is not an unusual or arbitrary process.

Statistically, students perform better in large schools when the student body is broken into smaller "learning communities" sometimes referred to as "schools within schools." It's a way of mitigating the problems associated with large schools by creating an artificial small school.

Learning communities are good for developing bonds between classmates and avoiding the pitfalls of disengaging students by having them feel lost within the crowd.

The downside of learning communities is that the quality of education isn't always consistent from one community to another within the same school. The quality of teachers, the types of learning styles represented, the racial + gender identity of the student bodies, etc... can vary greatly. This can result in some groups receiving a different education, especially if your school breaks groups up through tracking and greater opportunities are provided for those in the honors track.

-----

As for the actual costume - that looks cool. I always imagined a blue Universe Ironhide to be the modern version of Skids, but your idea is nice. There is a blue Universe Ironhide knock-off figure floating around. You should look into it - own your own character!

There was a yellow and silver knockoff of the classics seeker that resembles what I always imagined my character to look like. It's a worthless, but special piece.