GDO Asia Exclusives Motorbreath

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by dominusveritas, Jul 4, 2012.

1. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    Hey all. Didn't see a thread for the Asia Exclusive Motorbreath, so here goes nothing. This is my first review so I hope it's helpful.

There isn't a whole lot of difference between Motorbreath and the legends Optimus Prime. It would have been nice if they could have redone the Optimus Prime mold with a new head. As it is they molded a new, small, peg-hole into the back of the head for holding his sword. One of the very nice things about this set of Legends is the inclusion of weapons, something that would have been nice for the American legends to have.

Bot mode is exactly the same as Prime, but with a nice black, purple, and grey color scheme to match his pseudo-namesake, Motormaster. The sword looks pretty good with him. Unfortunately there is a little bit of bleeding on the grey paint apps for the legs. Overall though he's a pretty solid figure and real fun to fiddle around with. My son loves constantly transforming the Optimus prime figure I got for him. If you can pick up a case, perhaps split it with a small group, it's worth the cost of import, especially with Hoist and Bluestreak, whom I'll be reviewing in a bit.

Attached Files:

2. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Original Cyberverse - Yes! New - Meh......

News Credits:
    Got him as an import. He is a great legion. My leg peg got stuck in the peg hole of the other leg and broke. I may get another MIP.

3. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    Yeah that's a problem I had with the original Prime version of the mold. Have to be careful not to put too much stress on the legs when transforming.

4. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Opened mine last night. Color is spot on, wish someone would come up with a trailer.

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Question for someone with the western release: is the Chinese text at the top of the card printed or a sticker?

6. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting they decided to go for "Motorbreath" instead of "Nemesis Prime", but that's not saying much.

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I got the Optimus Prime version of that remold, the sword is a pretty cool accessory.

8. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Think I'm gonna keep this as a new character in my collection with the Target DotM Megatron as my cyberverse MM til' a better one comes out.

Name: Motorbreath
    Function: Ground Assault
    Motto: Freedom is the right of all sentient beings!
    Bio: Mistakenly believed by many of his Decepticon comrades to suffer from a particularly severe case of Primus apotheosis, Motorbreath just happens to look exactly like Optimus Prime. He combines this confusion with a twisted sense of humor in the name of his greatsword; Freedom.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I've been keeping the sword on the back of his head, like a pony tail. A PONY TAIL MADE OF SWORDS!

I don't see why they would. They've done Motor Master before, under the Menasor name.

10. jacranky

jacranky Well-Known Member

Its actually printed on the card. Not a sticker.