GCreation Fuuma (IDW Sixshot)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 21, 2016.

1. NotTheFace

NotTheFace Lightning Strike

I can't speak for the other poster, but I ended up getting their Optimus, and while he looks phenominal, I don't think I'd ever try to transform him. Manipulating certain parts of him (mainly his shoulders because some parts are too tight) is a chore, because you want to make sure that you have a good hold on him and that you don't put any excessive torque on the wrong places. He basically feels more like a model and less like a toy you can mess around with, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just something you should know prior to purchase, so you know what to expect. Straight out of the box, his right antenna was broken and the other one was stressed (the shorter ones were fine), and he has stress marks in the usual places other people have pointed out.
    Sixshot is ultimately going to be more complex, and I'm guessing it's a figure that you would want to transform more than most figures, so I would hope they make it more toy-like and less like a model than Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I know about GC and MMCs IDW lines but many people are not collecting IDW vs some other incarnation. They are just collecting because they like the figure. I think my wording attached too much to the company instead of the definitive MP version of the character which was my intention. I know about Hexatron, it was not MP but I believe this one is close in size. I was referring to Hydra and Hanzo.

You are correct that a ninja normally is more nimble looking but because the figure has that many modes you cannot make him lithe and hide what you need to as well as retain a durable figure. Nightbird and Arcee fill that role. He is like a rubik's cube with a lot of articulation and transformation features so he is always going to be somewhat blocky because of physics. In the canon this is a big robot with strength. Its his versatility, swords, knives, and shuriken that most provides his ninja persona. Instead of lithe I would say it is blocky and bloated vs chiseled, sculpted, defined. Hydra and Hanzo are far worse in this regard (car mode for example) and it is the detailing and innovation in the GCreation design that does break up a lot of the blockiness.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Dang that robot mode looks awesome.

4. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

WHA!? That's not at all what I expected from the car mode. Although the car mode wheels were covered by his robot mode leg in the first reveal pic, I assumed the front wheels would be right behind the intakes on the front sides, not so far back that it looks absolutely stupid. I see that there are little wheels hidden under the front end, but I still think it looks awful.
    I was so hyped for this figure...Count me out.

I know I've said it before, but thanks to the G1 toy's instructions showing car mode transformation wrong some people think his wheels are supposed to be way far back. The guys that did the G1 instructions apparently missed that the shoulders have a swivel joint to get the wheels in place to make a decent practical car mode. That mistake affected how Terminus Hexatron's car mode came out (though still passable enough), but they got it right with the new Hasbro Sixshot and looks like Hydra will get it right.
    This is a damn shame...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MrHolister

MrHolister Well-Known Member

I'm really curious the scale of this one compared to their optimus

6. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Uh, I had no idea. Learned something new.

7. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    c/o G Creation fb

Was this in the TFcon panel? Don't remember it...guess it would've been too difficult to send some photos for a presentation all us 3P collectors were hyped for :rolleyes: 

DX9 Sixshot is roughly up to Carnifex's shoulders, so this is a BIG figure :)  20045600_1788237651468087_256864248638308366_o.jpg 20139683_1788237638134755_3002667641390708760_n.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  8. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I remember them saying on their Facebook page a while back that Sixshot would be less complex to transform than ultra maxmas. So maybe it'll be a more solid figure overall. Looks great so far!

9. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

I'm not a big Sixshot fan, but this bot mode looks awesome and it will help fill out my IDW shelves.

• Like Like x 2
  10. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    He looks amazing next to Carnifex!

• Like Like x 1
  11. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I found my chug sixshot to replace hexatron

• Like Like x 2
  12. aurance

aurance Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really wanted a Sixshot without a goofed up car mode, but everyone took that instruction error and ran with it. Plus I'm not feeling the jet mode either- too stubby. Oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know, this prototype doesn't impress me nearly as much as that digital render we saw earlier. It looks to me like he lost a bit of slenderness; an attribute I was hoping GC would maintain in their line.

14. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Damn, might have to kick my Hexatron to the curb for this guy, looking good.

15. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    Looks at the Facebook site and does a double take.. Gah!! That's some serious finger articulation right there as it reminds me of the Aliens handscupt in some way (shudders).

Like @aurance and @Unicron9, the car and jet mode does not look too appealing to me, otherwise count me in for the time being.

Edit: Stupid me.. Didn't look a the first page for the colours in the CGI render. I'm sure that the colours will transfer well on the test shot (when released).

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That looks good. Glad it's not super skinny like their Optimus figure. I'm actually interested in it now.

17. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Pretty sure it's MP sized, just IDW in design rather than G1. Nothing CHUG about it as far as I can tell.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) I said he's MY Chug sixshot, i can put him in any damn collection i want

2) are we really doing the size v scale thing? MP size is not MP scale, most simply because there are a million fucking continuities. In IDW, he's a fucking giant; in masterforce, he's ultra magnus, in g1 toy he's double optimus' height
    Outside of the G1 cars relative to optimus, the notion of scale is pretty hilarious to me, you can basically justify any "scale" variation you want depending on the day of the week and the weather outside

3) in design aesthetic this speaks to my CHUG sensibilities, which are primarily Fansproject/Maketoys animesque in proportions and detailing and it fits that language TO ME

4) I want my sixshot at near overlord size, and my CHUG overlord is MMC Carnifex. this is

hexatron was WAY too busy on the surface, the hips to narrow, and the legs are a clusterfuck. This seems better sorted, although we'll have to see how the quality is

hell, hexatron and overlord aren't even that close in aesthetic to me. Overlord has armor flaps to cover the hip joints

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeah, agreed that this is going to replace Hexatron as my CHUG Sixshot. I'm cool with him being a big boy. He IS a world destroyer on the level of Overlord after all. :lol  Now where is my giant terrifying Black Shadow?

20. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I find funny that the car mode looks more like an actual tank that the tank mode itself.