GCN Question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Scrapper6, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

So, was there some kind of defective copy of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle sold at any point? Cause I've had the game for a while and there have been glitches, but yesterday about four or five times it kept giving me the An Error has Occurred message and that's never happened before now.

I don't want my GCN to be failing like my PS2 did. I've never had any Nintendo systems crap out on me... Well at least not without my being the catalyst. I think my SNES stopped working right because of the half a dozen times I yanked the cartridge out without shutting the game off beforehand. And my original Gameboy had one to many accidents falling out of my hand so some of the game reading chips broke off. None of my NES systems ever developed the won't play games at all problems though as far as I can recall.

I don't see any disk blemishes or scratches, but it's hard to tell on those tiny disks especially if the scratch is like less then an inch long.

Any insight would be helpful. But considering SA2 is the only game I've ever encountered problems with I have to assume it's gotta be the disk itself and not my system.

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I've had the problem appear on several games. But only after I've played on the GC for ages.

3. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Your Gamecube is trying to spare you the misery of a Sonic game. It's normal.

4. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i heard that some gamecubes can have a problem with the lens becoming uncalibrated and causing errors 10-15 minutes into gameplay. there's an faq out there somewhere that describes how to fix it, but i don't know anything about it since i've never had that problem with mine... so really i have no idea.

5. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Mine usually doesn't act up until three hours straight of game play. :lolol