Gauging interest on custom G1 box inserts.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Oct 23, 2008.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So as some of you may know I recently came across a G1 motherload. A good portion of it was boxed but no carboard inserts. So the boxes looked like this.
    [​IMG]

So a friend and I came up with these.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Since I'm a stay at home dad, and he's unemployed we're considering selling them. Since I have a damn near complete 84-86 G1 collection (missing 6 TF's) We can mold for almost any G1 of that era. They're hand made (unless someone here has the hook-up on EPS molding and is willing to work with us). They are truly multi purpose. They display well, will help reform G1 boxes, and instruction sheets. If there is enough interest we could cook up a few for those of us with insert less G1 boxes. Price would be about $4-5 dollars.

So any interest?

2. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

if they were a bit more aesteticly (i can spell really..) pleasing it would be worth it , but you need to fit them better so they don't look like its just a toy shoved in some styrofoam (anyone could do that for free) but the concept has some merit at least.

3. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you have some ideas I'd be interest in them. The main point of consideration is that these are done by hand. Compared to G1 Takara packaging I don't think it's bad at all.
    [​IMG]

Many of the members here can do these, that is true. Thats why I want to gauge intertest.

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i think the community definitely needs this. :thumb