Gashapon/Capsule Arms Micron Wave 1

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Agent Adam, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some people were wondering how these were shipped. WONDER NO MORE! A case of ten come in a small white rectangular box. EXCITING! (Apparently this is not really true! Looks like HLJ packed them this way: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...l-arms-micron-inhand-image-7.html#post7868416)

[​IMG]

Opening the box, all the gashapon balls rolled out - I should have known, but for some reason I wasn't expecting them to be shipped like this.

[​IMG]

For what I understand, the case assortment seems to be random, with at least one of each in a case. Someone's case from the news thread seemed to have short packed the Prime and Bumblebee micron. I guess I got lucky as mine had two of each, except for only one black version of the animal cons.

SNAKES FIRST! (AKA Gob, apparently.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The swivel joints on Gob are a bit loose, but its not too difficult getting it to stay up or anything.

Transformation on all of these are super simple so I won't go into it. The capsule's don't even come with instructions really, just a pamphlet that has that same robot/alt mode pictures we saw awhile back. Weapon mode is a dual-sided axe/tuning fork.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the weapon mode is pretty solid on this one. It doesn't have the versatility of other Arms Microns, but it looks pretty good on its own.

GECKO! (Zad)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is.. interesting. Except for the tail swivel joint, Zad doesn't have the loose joints that Gob has. Weapon mode is an axe.. I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Optimus Prime Micron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prime is a neat little figure. While his hips are balljointed, there isn't much of a range of motion since the cap on the leg covers it so much. Unlike the animal cons, Prime has some paint on him with the red on his chest, the silver face plate and a teeny tiny bit of light blue on his eyes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unlike the previous two microns, Prime and 'bee seem to have greater potential for combinations with other weapons. Blaster mode has female ports on each side of the rifle, allowing you to store or combine weapons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bumblebee Micron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like Prime, 'bee has ball jointed hips. Unlike Prime, they have a decent range of motion allowing for some wider stances. This one has the best bot mode in my book, the blades on his arms give it a little extra something to stand out over the others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FE 'bee is an obvious choice to give this micron to since he only has the one blaster. However, because this Bumblebee has weak shoulder joints, the micron weighs enough that the figure it limited in the kind of poses it can achieve. While messing with this figure, I also decided I prefer having the blades flipped down, as opposed to up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bumblebee has one port you can use to combine with other weapons. Like on Hot Shot, I prefer using it to store the figures blasters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Group Shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final Thoughts

These microns are not quite as as nice as the ones that are paired with Takara's Prime figures. That being said, they are still pretty neat. I like the animal cons paired up with Vehicons, and I think they will help give army builders some variations in their squads if desired. The Prime and 'bee microns are certainly the top tier of the wave. Bumblebee is probably my favorite, and I will be pairing them both up with Shadow Strike Bumblebee when that is released. Considering their price, which was less than $4 a piece after shipping (of course, price varies upon each seller), its pretty easy to recommend them. If you likes you some microns, you should probably pick these up.

2. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the idea of giving them to Vehicons.

I'll probably give the Prime and BB ones to Prime and BB... Maybe have them able to upload their own consciousness into the weapons and having temporary tiny bodies.

3. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Oh my god, Wolverine Bee. Nice.

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, thanks for the review. I wish the animal microns would've received a little paint, at least for the eyes, but still cool even without that. I hope BBTS gets their shipment in soon, I'm curious to see what my box of 10 will include.

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That Prime one needs to be cast in red, with blue paint for the head and lower legs. Prime in Blue just looks odd

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got mine from BBTS today, and they came in a bag instead of a box.

I got one of each, and then an extra Prime, black snake, black gecko, and pink snake. No second pink gecko. Which is fine, I guess, because my son loves Prime.

Your review was fine, so nothing to add except that Bumblebee's weapon mode doesn't have any way to peg together...

7. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up my order of these and they are much better than comments and others led me to believe. The capsules come with a locking mechanism rather than just a straight top and bottom. Just thought that was weird.

I think the gecko has the best looking "bot" mode and was pleasantly surprised to find the hips articulated so the legs could swivel back and forth.

I would just say that be careful transforming Prime from gun to bot mode. I had trouble getting his arms back into place and scratch some paint off of Prime's head.

8. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Son of a..that pic with Bee and Wolverine is priceless! XD Thanks for reviewing these lil guys, look really good and fun. ;) 

9. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I will probably keep Prime - he's just fun enough and not worth the hassle of selling. BB's okay. The other two kinda suck. I would fully support Microns that actually turned into stuff, not robo-yoga. OP "transforms" the best out of these four. If he had ball jointed knees, the legs could flip around to lay atop his chest. Then he'd be as perfect as that figure could get, i suppose.

10. Thebricklord

Thebricklord The Brick

These are awesome and I am so happy I preordered these.

11. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. Llama G0d

Llama G0d Six-winged god of llamas

I finally got hold of the set of these six. The only complaint that I have is that I can't seem to make that gestalt mode that's appeared elsewhere - the necessary connectors are either too tight or too loose. Sure, I can do other stuff with them, but I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this...

13. ChaosLordX

ChaosLordX Well-Known Member

anyone else thinking about using gob with toxin.