Garry chalk @ dragon con

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TRANSJAZZ, Dec 7, 2011.

1. TRANSJAZZ

TRANSJAZZ Fighting Cancer RIP 10/31/16 Veteran

News Credits:
    Garry Chalk will be making another appearance in the United States at the 2012 Dragon Con.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just looked up Dragon Con.

Seem's like my sort of convention to go to. I might see if I can visit it since it gives me lots of prep time.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Nice!! One of TF's great VA's attending a Con in the South!! Will be marked on my calendar.

4. Sky St0rm

Sky St0rm Well-Known Member

Gary Chalk, is coming to my city!!!!! Well, that's just prime... :) 

5. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OMG - yet another reason to save mah pennies. Plenty of other great panels & celebs to meet, but I think this is the first "Transformers" celeb.

Of course, Garry will likely be part of the Stargate Track since he played the memorable Russian Colonel.

6. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMO, if you're a Fantasy or SciFi fan, it's a convention you want to go to at least once.

Just make sure your deodorant is working well, as it does get hot, & ppl can be rather packed in the halls going from panel-room to panel-room.

If you want some more info (slightly outdated as my last D*C was 2006), PM me.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:

It's a very interesting con. There are so many people in costumes they have a parade on Saturday. I live in the area and go every year.

If George Lowe has a panel go to it, you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  8. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

He's great as Primal, but having him voice Prime was a mistake. Then again I felt the AEC continuity was a mistake.

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Odd that I posted this news on Dec. 1st and someone else gets credit for it. But as long as word gets out, I'm happy. I'm also honored to say that I will be serving as moderator for the voice actor panels at Dragon*Con for the 3rd straight year.

And it may be premature to announce this since I don't have 100% confirmation, but I am planning to give away a Beast Wars merch item during one of the VA panels, which I believe Garry has already agreed to autograph.

I am also pushing for Garry to have a chance to perform some of his R&B songs live during D*Con weekend. If I'm not able to get him a panel or event spot performing -- if he brings his guitar I can guarantee you he'll be performing during at least one of the voice actor panels.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    And Tekkaman and I have done a TF fan meetup as well... even if it was just the two of us.

We're planning an official meetup for the Georgia Transformers Fans group this year, and if I can work it out we might just have a rather special VIP guest attending.

George has already been confirmed for 2012 as well, as I posted here on Dec. 1st:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-garry-chalk-announced-dragon-con-2012-a.html

I also can vouch for Dragon*Con being a blast. It's like 30+ conventions in one massive multimedia event -- I believe attendance is rivaled only by NYCC and SDCC, and D*Con actually was recommended OVER SDCC in a recent article on the LA Times:

http://blogs.laweekly.com/stylecouncil/2011/10/dragoncon_san_diego_comic-con_1.php

11. julyaric720

julyaric720 Banned

Hmmmm ... I'm going to have to think about that one
    [​IMG]