GARO

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Orion_Prime48, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    ive been getting into this I love the adult feel to it although it is getting a little weird with the clown monster and stuff, but the fighting is excellent. anyone else watch/watched it?

2. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Watched it as it was being released. Great show. One of my favorites. I really want to get some of the figures.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Great show, I got into it after it started airing, but well before White Knight came out. I would really like more, it's a favorite series of mine and I'm not a fan of the whole tokusatsu genre (I don't care for Kamen Rider, Power Rangers, etc.). I think the series flows well and has a nice story, I'm not sure what it is but Jabi is quite hot IMHO. The soundtrack is pretty great too, glad I have it.

The toys are interesting, and the props are very nice for the most part. One thing that frustrates me is that they come with all those extra hands, but not a sword/accessory capable holding armored left hand for any Garo, yet every other character gets one. They also made die cast weapons for many of the characters early on, but the weight makes it difficult to impossible to hold, so several also came with plastic weapons as well, like the giant sword that Gouten allows, meaning there isn't really any purpose to the die cast version as it's way too big and heavy for any of the figures to hold, while at the same time coming with an exact duplicate just in plastic that works with them. Later relases like Kiba dropped the metal versions, so I guess they figured it out. Also, the likeness is pretty poor early on, but later releases cleaned that up. While it's neat that you get essentially two figures for the price of one, you can only have one or the other unless you have extra figures, why they did this instead of just having the extra torso piece or even a singular torso piece that had both armor pieces as part of it, I don't know.