Customs: Garden dioramas

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by dsn1014, Apr 18, 2012.

1. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Just had a thought that it'd be cool to have The Ark, Titan's Tower, Castle Grayskull or Snake mountain as part of a garden settup. Maybe make them as decoration for a pond or flower bed. Someday when I hopefully get a house and hopefully an acre I'd like to try this. A bit of a daft one, but I hope you'll humor me :) 

My question is what would work/look cool in a garden?

What would you use to build it, cement?

Has anyone done this before? Are there examples to check out?

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Dude, an acre? I thought you just meant a small sculpture as a decoration. With an acre, you could make a life (human) size ark (or at least a part of it). Hell, someday you better come back with pics of an ark you can walk in. You could even build a wardrobe in it, so you could literally walk in, transform and roll out!

And no, i've not made one. That's mainly because i'm not completely out of my mind. That said, i would love to see this happen. Just not in my backyard. ;) 

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

Well not an acres worth of a sculpture lol, but of a lawn with some features, sure. Just some points of interest on the side of a water feature, something I could put figures on outside. But not so big as to over power the good looks of a neat lawn. Water could run out of certain parts, maybe even a rock bed with water running between them with red lights underneath could look like lava from Snake Mountain. That's the He-Man ideas I have. I was just curious if this had occurred to anyone else. For the Ark, maybe have the entrance facing out on the pond and water coming from the thrusters, not cartoon accurate, but could be fun.