Garage sale memories

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, May 23, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    Sort of inspired by the guy who found the FM for $8. Since I couldnt afford any TFs back when I was a kid (this was roughly a few years before G2) my brother and I would wake up early and hit up the Sunday swap meet at the local college. I once got a G1 Ironhide in near mint condition for a buck but didnt realize he had no head. I might have tossed him in a neighbor's yard and totally forgot about him.

I wonder if he's still there.

2. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    last week i found a legless bw optimus prime sadly i had him :( 

3. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Way back when TFs were cheap and plentiful at garage sales, I got a 90% complete Predaking for $8. Flash forward to now and he's still 90% incomplete 'cause I'm too cheap to complete 'im. :) 

4. Mumble-bee

Mumble-bee inveterate lurker

I got a near-mint Bumblejumper at a garage sale once for a quarter. This was when it went for $30.

Usually all I ever see for toys at garage sales is broken junk.

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Garage sales and flea markets are a huge crap shoot. I got a MISB Optimal Optimus for ~2/3 retail at a flea market, that's $40 CAD. Imagine my surprise when I take him home open him up and discover his legs are fooked, one was longer than the other. :banghead:  :lolol  I also got a decent basic croc Megatron from another flea market. As a kid I got Deadend with no decals on him from a yard sale for a buck. Still have him too, one of only 2 legit Stunticons in my Menasor.

6. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

when i was a kid, i picked up a G1 prime with trailer and roller, but no hands. i think it was 2 bucks

7. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My best find so far this summer was a complete Energon Omega Supreme (though I lost one of his missiles THAT SAME DAY). Guy sold me the Omega for $10, and threw in Alpha Q, a Prime figure, and a bunch of mini-cons for an additional $5. Other than that I've found a gobot and a beat-up Voltron lion so far this summer.

Now-a-days, most older stuff has already been sold off at garage sales, and newer stuff is hard to find cause kids don't really buy TFs all that much anymore. I think the movie/movie toys are gonna change that, though. Just watch, 5 years from now you'll be finding movie toys at garage sales like crazy.

8. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    My only garage sale memory is when I sold off all of my Transformers to the neighbour for her grandson. Ever wish you could go back in time and slap yourself up side the head?

9. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    [QUOTEj My only garage sale memory is when I sold off all of my Transformers to the neighbour for her grandson. [/QUOTE]

:confused: 

10. Paper Mariowned

Paper Mariowned Well-Known Member

I never had luck at garage sales, or flea markets. They both usually rip you off.

However, Value Village, if you look hard, has some good stuff. And I found a pretty mint G1 Prime trailer w/G2 Prime truck, no fists, roller, in amazing condition for $30.00 at a video game store.

Cool, eh

11. Signal Lancer

Signal Lancer Brave Soldier of Justice

News Credits:
    Yes I do, considering that M.A.S.K., GoBots (except Puzzler - I kept him), StarCom, my complete set of Computer Warriors and who knows what else, all suffered that fate.

12. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    About 4 years ago, I remember going to a Flea Market and seeing a huge TV box full of Transformers. Mostly G1 and some G2. The bottom was full of parts, weapons, and accessories. Sitting right on top was a full set of Jetfire armor in the styrofoam. The vender wanted $50 for the whole box......... I passed.

I still kick myself for that one.