Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, whats the verdict (anime)?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Apr 18, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, I've only seen one episode of this and thought it was cool. The Count of Monte Cristo though is probably my favorite story from Alexandre Dumas.

I did a wikipedia on the anime version of this vengful story to learn some more about it and some stuff I looked in it is starting to make me not care about it.

(potential spoiler)

Part that I started not getting interested is the mention in the wiki that when the Count goes to cave, instead of getting all the gold and riches he needs to exact his revenge there is a demon in there instead that possess him. To be blunt, that just sounds stupid.

I'm hoping that it's really not-that-bad and can still enjoy this as a retelling of my favorite Dumas tale.

2. noodle

noodle in a bowl.

i remember seeing this anime probably a year ago i believe, and i thought i was good. I enjoyed how they approached a classical story a turned it into something new. True some parts can be goofy somethings but, One thing that really stuck in my mind was the use of textures rather solid colors used throughout the anime...great approach to the animation.

Gankutsuou is a good anime but i feel doesnt contend with other animes like Samurai Champloo, Honey and Clover 1+2, and FLCL. Still definately a good watch.

3. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Easily one of my favorites of all time, bought the entire series. There were a few disappointments as a fan of the book, but after giving them time to sink it, I love it anyway. In relation to what you mentioned...

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gankutsuou isn't a demon and there was no cave. While in prison Edmond gives up hope and an immortal being offers to help Edmond have his revenge in exchange for gaining Edmond's body at the end of the deal. It sounds goofy, but it works rather well, imo.

End Spoilers!!!!!