Gamestop Pokemon Deoxys Giveaway

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sparky Prime, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pokedeox/default.aspx

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but I think there might be a few people here that'd be interested and might not know about this... Gamestop is doing a Deoxys Giveaway this weekend (June 20-22) as well as next (June 27-29). Works the same as the TRU Darkrai and Manaphy Giveaways where it is downloaded via Mystery Gift on Diamond/Pearl.

2. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

cool i might get one might not.

3. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Sweet. How does this work again?

4. Sparky Prime

Go to a Gamestop (that's holding the event) on one of the event days, and access the Mystery Gift option on the main menu of Diamond/Pearl. Tell it to receive gift and then get via wireless. It'll download Deoxys to your game. Then make sure you have an empty spot on your team and go to any Pokemart in the game. You'll see a delivery man in green standing next to the counter who will give you Deoxys.

And a trouble shooting item: Every time you download something via Mystery Gift, it gives you a Wonder Card. The game can only store either 2 or 3 of these at a time so you need to make sure you have room. Old Wonder Cards can be viewed and deleted in Mystery Gift.

If you haven't activated the Mystery Gift yet, go to Jubilife TV station 3rd floor and tell the man on the left on the lower half of the floor: "Everyone Happy Wi-Fi Connection"

5. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Ah. Wait, what's a wonder card?

6. Transfan2

Transfan2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a card that tells you that you received the item or in this case, A Pokemon like the Darkrai One in This Example Photo:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-TF2

7. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Unfortunately I was unable to get Darkrai from TRU when they had their event (one reason is it is 100 miles away). I did however go to Gamestop this morning and got Deoxy for both version. You don't need the National Dex to get it either. I got Deoxy for Pearl even though I only had the first gym badge. Also you don't even have to enter the store to get it. I read that someone on Gamefaq's downloaded it from their car. Since I went to a town that had a Gamestop before they opened I tried it and it worked. It took some time but I got them before the store even opened so I could look for a few figure (found none) and the Animated DVD (which I did find) so I could head home early.

8. Transfan2

Transfan2 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ====
    USA Event Deoxys x3 (I got a 4th one as well, but that was on my brother's diamond game so it's his):

Deoxys - Diamond #1 of 2
    [​IMG]

Deoxys - Pearl #1 of 2
    [​IMG]

Deoxys - Pearl #2 of 2 (My Game)
    [​IMG]
    ====
    Wonder Card Of Event Deoxys
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ====
    -TF2

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I swear about fifty kids came to the GameStop I worked at to get this thing. What's so great about it?

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it's rare, and powerful. thats about all you need. add in that deoxys has multiple forms to obtain, and you have even more demand.

11. Sparky Prime

That's the cool thing about having a Deoxys in Diamond/Pearl. If you have it in your party and you check out the four meteors in Veilstone City, they will change Deoxys form.

As Valkysas said, it's one of the rarest given you can only officially obtain it through events such a this and it's one of the most powerful.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It's things like these that make me glad I'm not playing Pokémon anymore...I'm not going to drive around just to get something that should have been in the game in the first place, or offered through an online download...