Games you've bought but can't bring yourself to play them?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    When it comes to video games I have a tednancy to splash out on games, play them once for maybe 10 minutes then they sit on my shelf never to be played ever again. Even when i'm bored I look at them, stare at them intently and still can't motivate myself to carry on with it and go back to a game I always play. i.e Peggle, COD4

Just off the top of my head I have done this recently (last 2 months or so) with:

Dead Space
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Mass Effect
    Ninja Blade
    Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    Infinite Undicovery
    Viva Pinata
    GTA 4
    Need For Speed: Undercover
    Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Anyone else like this? I can name about another 5 titles just sat there yet to even be opened :(  whats worse is that i'm actually bored and feel like I have nothing to play :crazy: 

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda feel that way about Dragon Quest Swords. It's a pretty awesome game, but once I leave the town and start fighting, it starts wearing. I might trade it in for Madworld or Exitebots. I need me some action.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Sonic and the Secret Rings......doesn't help that the game is also terrible.

4. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Fracture
    Timeshift
    Far Cry
    Mass Effect

I tried Mass Effect, but damnit, I spent about six hours in it and I was bored to tears. I gave up shortly after trying to shuttle myself to a bunch of empty ass worlds with those giant worms from Bettlejuice trying to kill me time after time.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately it does have a slow start where you are stuck on Citadel and you have a lot to learn about weapons and shopping and upgrading, but once it gets going, it doesn't let up. You just have to get through that initial part of the game.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

You fucking play and finish Mass Effect and you play and finish it right now, young man! :mad 

Best game this gen after Uncharted without a doubt.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely agree, though I would put it a nipple above Uncharted. And speaking of playing and finishing games, How 'Bout that Colossus, Twist? :D 

8. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I bought "Psychonauts" because everyone recommended it but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

Mainly because I bought it about a week before both "Prototype" & "Ghostbusters" came out.

9. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I played SFIV pretty heavily the first month or so after I got it, but quit playing ever since I hit G2 rank in Champ mode. Just got tired of getting my ass kicked and rarely winning a single match.

Don't even play it for fun anymore either. Couple real life buddies have it too, but they've been too occupied with WoW to even fire up their 360's anymore. Been about a month or so since I last touched it. I've actually been considering trading it in for either Left 4 Dead or ROTF, but haven't fully decided if I want to or not.

10. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I can't get past that part at the start where you defuse bombs in Mass Effect ...but I only have tried once.

That reminds me Uncharted is still unplayed too. Fuck, I have serious "commitment" issues.

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First Transformers game not sure why I bought it.

Fight Night round 3 played it for two and have not since

12. McBradders

If it had quarter lobbies it would be a far stronger game. If you want to play some hit me up.

I haven't finished this yet either, gonna play through it in September to warm up for Brutal Legend. Game on!

Mmm, I dunno, I think Uncharted is a more satisfactory and polished experience which makes it better. ME is janky as hell all over. Hasn't stopped me from starting yet another playthrough, though XD

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Uncharted is a sexy-as-hell one night stand. Mass Effect is a long term relationship with someone who might not be as attractive, but will keep your warm at night.

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Of games I've played, liked but haven't finished, I have Heavenly Sword and Overlord. With HS, I had trouble with the last boss and just haven't been able to go back to it, with Overlord, I got burnt out and distracted by other things.

Of games I bought, tried, and didn't like, Lair and Assassin's Creed both fit this category. The former is too frustrating to play, even with the analogue controls and the second one is just too slow and boring with far too many side quest that take way too long to finish.

Of games I bought and never even started, I have the Orange Box and Mirror's Edge and neither have touched my PS3. But I got both used and dirt cheap so it's not all bad.

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dead space is such an awesome game! you need to play that or sell it to me because My Nephew (who is 8) wants to kick that games ass at a reasonable price!:rock 

16. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

it happens to me, but when i does i get rid of the game. i still have a few on the pile of unfinished.... god hand is one i need to finish.

i got to the last level on gta4, (2 saves for each ending yo) but i find that last mission so hard i haven't touched the game in months.

but yeah, i think you have some sort of ocd there Recall ;) 

i've kinda just been playing sf4 since it came out really...

17. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Fall Out 3 & Condemned

18. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The reminds me add Heavenly Sword and Mirrors Edge to my list. Mirrors Edge's controls really put me off it. I found Assassins Creed far too repetitive, I have no idea how my brother finished it twice.

It scares me shitless, the atmosphere is outstanding but enough to make a grown man cry. I got it pretty cheap online, try amazon.

19. McBradders

Nate > Lady Shephard

Dude, Condemned is really pretty effing good. You should have a good time with it. I'm currently going through the sequel which, again, is pretty good too.

I'm sitting on Fallout 3 also, no idea why I bought it, to be honest... oh yeah, it was hella cheap :lol 

20. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I've never had the disposable income to buy a game and not play it.

I didn't play my PS3 or any of it's games though but I sold them off for booze money after a month.