Games you regret purchasing/renting/playing....

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Opticron Primal, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Eh? I preferred it over the normal Dynasty Warriors. Being able to use 3 characters at a time was a lot better than the old one-character style. Plus, there was more to the story than vaguely recreating scenes from history/the novel. *shrug*

Oh and Dark Cloud, and any other game where you can run out of water/life/whatever automatically. *HATE*

2. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    TFTM07 for the PSP.

3. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

World Super Police on the PS2, never heard of it? Probably for the best.
    Last time I buy a game without checking a review first, no matter how cheap it is.

4. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Rationally I agree with you, but when I bought and played Warriors Orochi it quickly dawned on me this was yet another Koei game made with minimal effort. It's a game that's pretty much recycled; the engine, characters and maps are all from previous games, and that irritated me no end and still does.

So my earlier comments about Warriors Orochi weren't totally rational.

5. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Bad Memories...

Colony Wars 1 & 2 for the PSONE;whole lotta suck.

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    WHAAAAAAAAAT? Wow, can't agree with that one at all. Colony Wars was one of my great discoveries of that generation.

7. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Metal Gear Solid. HATED it.

8. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I dare as well. I realized with FF8 that I apparently was just not a fan of this series, because I thought it was awful. I "got" FF7 at least....from what I played of it. I liked the characters and the story and stuff. But FF8 was so damn boring I could hardly keep my eyes open. From that point on, I vowed to never play a FF game again.

Not only that, but these are possibly some of the most pretentious games on the market next to the metal gear series.

I'm not trying to insult you if you like these games, btw...I'm just saying there *ARE* plenty of people out there that find them to be full of crap.

-D

9. newguy

newguy i

My brother and i bought a Guitar hero 3 guitar and said we will save up and buy the game later. Well after many months i finnaly got GH3. The whole point of this was so me and my big brother could play it together. Big waste of money. I played it with him 3 seperate times. I would much rather have a Tf or somethin. Well then i made the same mistake by buying arm of two (awesome game), but know he just started to play it again so yeah. He does like resistance fall of man so ill buy that and the secound one they are making. Yeah Video Games

10. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Final Fantasy VII. As great as I find the story the gameplay was just so boring.

11. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    For once, you are rite.

12. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess Zone of Enders (PS2). God that "Killing is wrong!" stuff really really pissed me off. Shut up kid!

13. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Mario Wii
    worst pile of crap i ever played. Yeah it was good for a day.......then i completed it....day two, got all the stars.......then f**k all left to do with it. No real reason to play the game anymore and yeti spent 40 on that!? i took it back within 5 days of purchase as i felt the game had no real depth or any serious reply value

Final Fantasy X-2
    did the guy who raped Xenosaga 2 battle system the same guy who raped this battle system? worst RPG ive played in a very long time

ANY WWF/WWE game after ShutYourMouth
    All the controls are just awful...good graphics DONT = good control and game.
    seriously THQ get the game BACK to how good it used to be before you went and ruined the controls

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Madden any year!

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    May the gods of rock smite you. The game is TOTALLY worth the purchase, if not for the final rock-off against the devil. That battle was pure awesomeness.

16. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    I didn't like Kotor because of the controls. I am a huge SW fan, so really I am suprised I gave up that easily.

As for Shadow of Destiny, I never said I hated the game, I thought it was a interesting game, I just wasn't happy on what I paid for it at the time.

BLASPHAMY! :p 

17. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

What mario wii game did you mean exactly?

18. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Get the PC version if you had an X-Box copy before, its effortless to play with keyboard and mouse.

If he's talking about Galaxy, he really needs to do something with his life if he had enougth time in 2 days to get all the stars.

Not to mention that the gameplay structure of 3D Mario has been around since M64, so its not like there is any excuse for a gamer to go in without knowing what they are getting.

19. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    ATV Quad Power Racing for GBA. Worst 30$ I ever spent.

20. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

Mario64 was a fantastic game, huge reply value and amazing graphics for the time. Mario Galaxy is shit on the other hand, dull graphics which ive seen hundreads of times before and its EASY to complete the game within 2 days! its called a WEEKEND! were your NOT at work and have some time to kick back and chill and do what you like.

Another disapointment is Soul Calibur 2+3+4
    all had the same graphics as Soul Calibur (AKA Soul Edge 2) and a dull ending for each character.Soul Calibur 3 was the worse and i felt SC2 was much better than SC3. I dunno why they raped characters such as Ivy in SC3 from SC2. Her complete way and style of fighting was ruined in SC3. Considering the NEXT gen of SC4 only had Darth Vader and Yoda to tempt me..........really why dont they just make a decent Star Wars fighting game instead of this?