Games That Should Be Remade

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by EvaUnit13, Apr 15, 2008.

1. SuperPrimalZ

SuperPrimalZ Well-Known Member

Tiny Tank, even back then it wasn't so great, but it had charm. Like come on, a wise crackin' yellow tank with a issue of size(Whoa sounds like Animated Bumblebee), that just screams awesome. But because it wasn't as good, or utilized technology that was readily available at that time on the PlayStation, Tiny Tank was drastically left under the shadow of Crash, and Spyro in terms of a platformer/adventure games. Apparently, I was maybe one of the three people who actually bought the game, 'cause we all know, even if it's not good, but sells good, it gets a sequel, Tiny Tank did not.

It was a game for teens(as supported by the game's ESRB Ratings) but sadly placed into a genre, that very few teen games succeded, for platformers usually had to look cute, or be cute to be sucessful. Only if the game came out two years later on the sucessor of the PlayStation, could it have been fully apreciated.

So a remake for this game we mean a second shot. Expand the multiplayer greatly, aswell as the story(We don't need another PS3, or PSP game that you can beat in one sitting). And obviously bring the game's graphics and gameplay to today's standards, and I do believe that Tiny Tank would be awesome.

Considering the game was published by Sony, we should see it on the PSN one day. Hopefully a remake, on the PSP, or the PS3, would follow.

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I played it just for the music.

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i dunno about "remake" but i would sure like another Republic Commando and another Jedi Power Battles. the Episode III game was kinda like JPB but...i want more :p 

i know the force unleashed is comin out...but i still want more xD

cant get enough lightsaber games :D 

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yes -now we could finally get an HD look at the Graveyard Duck! Wait, was there even really a Graveyard Duck?
    80's localization FTW!

If you have a PSP, it looks like that will be similar to Jedi Power Battles.
    Also, the Wii version has a pretty extensive PvP mode with a ton of characters. This might be the first game I ever get for two systems.

5. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just an observation: Anyone ever see that tripe of a remake of the original Psycho? It was a shot for shot, remake of Psycho and it bombed.

updates, or taking elements of older games that were strokes of genius, is always a good idea.
    remakes? Meh.

i liked what one of the first FF games did on the NES- as your character upped in levels or obtained new items, his costume and weapons changed- went from peasant clothes to spiked armor. that was neat.

6. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Xcom UFO defense.

7. Howard Mason

Howard Mason Expendable

Ok, I'm not trying to flame here but I just want to know. Why do so many people keep asking for remakes of games that came out in the mid to late 90's? In a way Ocarina of Time was remade/updated twice with Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. And while Final Fantasy 7 was great, (and god knows we've got FF 1&2 remakes out the ass) why would you want SquareEnix to devote resources to giving it a new paint job when they could create something original (although we all know they'll still rehash some of the same storylines and gameplay).

I think that if developers really can't come up with original ideas it would be better to use a slightly more obscure game; not a platinum hit that everyone has already played to death.

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Because bombing dodongos that don't look all jagged and stuff is awesome.

9. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Because some people won't buy old games that look like an amateur group of developers made it, by today's standards. Those will probably be the people that are just casual gamers.

And Nintendo knows that a remake of one of the greatest games of all time will sell, and SquareEnix knows that anything with FF7 slapped on it will sell

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Yeah, that one was a puzzle.
    It copied the original in almost every way yet somehow captured none of the tension.

d00d, you are not even close to flaming.
    We are not that sensitive here, are we?
    I think that is an excellent question.

I think there are a few reasons.
    One -the games are recent enough that they stand out fresh in one's mind.
    Two -the games came out when developers were just getting their hands around telling a dramatic narrative through games. They nearly succeeded until you got up close in the cinema screens and realized the character's hands did not have individual fingers and things like that.
    Three -there is evidence of just how dramatic the improvements can be in just one hardware generation. Look at Resident Evil for PS1 and Resident Evil for Gamecube.

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Shogo: Mobile Armor Division

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that's my entire argument AGAINST remakes.
    ...woot! updated 3-d gameplay, utterly complex menus and gameplay....and....where the hell are the thrills and fun?

if there were diamonds in the rough that got overlooked (ICO, Beyond Good and Evil) they deserve a second shot at shining- but not in a remake- but as a sequel or a spinoff where at the end or in the game somewhere, you find clues or leads to the originals.
    Like, if you think this is good, too bad you missed ICO, dood....

and considering the age of games all y'all want remakes, why can't you do the Prince of Persia thing and just have the original as an unlockable?

Crusader was an awesome game- stiff controls for my taste, but the look, the feel, the rest...gaming goodness.