Gameplay Footage Tonight on G4TV Xplay

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prowl, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the game's FB Page:

The buzz continues! Tonight at 6:30PM ET on G4TV Xplay: Catch the robo-mayhem of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron with their video interview and gameplay preview!

https://www.facebook.com/transformersgame

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fingers crossed for some new footage.

3. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Wow I so hope for some grimlock gameplay!

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Me too, but it seems only some of the levels are in alpha right now. I'm not getting my hopes up for anything new.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^THIS!

Looks like I'll be staying up extra late today:D 

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds like it's nothing new according to one of the FaceBook posts.

7. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  8. PRIME TIME 89

PRIME TIME 89 Dancing Bumblebee

New Or Not New...ME GRIMLOCK WANT GAME!!!

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Bruticus' level looks pretty boring. Jazz at least looks like he'll be fun, but as I said in the other thread (what's the deal with having two threads on everythign these days?), they reference how he had a grapling hook like it's some defining characteristic. He used it for all of five seconds in MTMTE. (and once, I believe, in another, horrible episode) You want a defining trait, give us his speakers, man.

10. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    There trying not to make it childish....

11. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    Sorry, but if it's from X-Play, you can't trust the video.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would you have preferred Jazz to blast rock music at the enemy? Music and Jive-talk were his defining traits. I'm pretty happy High Moon Studios chose other things and touched on other areas of this character subtly from the looks of it.

What's wrong with his grappling hook anyway? He wasn't a sniper in the show. If any Autobot was ever a Sniper, I think it'd have to be Cliffjumper; he's the only one I ever recall ever using a viewfinder/sights to target a Decepticon.

I think High Moon Studios sort of trapped themselves with these G1 abilities as not every character had one to begin with. While they try to stay true to some, they’re going to have to, wing it for a majority of the characters.

Cliffjumper had what? A Glass gas gun (whatever the hell that is), Ironhide had an array of liquids/lubricants but his go to weapon seemed to be liquid Nitrogen, IIRC; Sideswipe had a Jetpack (yeah); Trailbreaker had a force field; Brawn had immeasurable strength; Windcharger had magnetism; Hound had holograms; Blaster had his cassettes; Huffer had the ability to complain about everything. I'm pretty sure I'm leaving out a few with more significant abilities, but I really can't recall names and powers right now—some powers just weren’t that memorable.

WFC's Multiplayer classes, rather the powers they associated with those classes, only make matters worse, as characters we’ve already seen/used are now going to be expected to retain those wacky powers (unless of course they’re going to retcon these abilities, which I wouldn’t mind one bit). Whatever they do, they're still going to have to wing it for more than half of the cast of characters just because the power/ability gimmick didn’t apply to all characters.

I know it may seem ridiculous at times, but for a game that wants to be true to G1 while being new when the opportunity presents itself, they’ll need to find ways to make this union gel. We aren’t going to agree with these changes/additions, but maybe after a bit of time we’ll learn to appreciate them or live with them…though I hope the ability to drain energon and whirlwind attack never return (not a fan of these abilities).

I like Optimus' ability to call for airstrikes and Metroplex—sounds awesome! I can only hope Megatron's vampire powers change to something similar*crosses fingers*

13. Autobot Stinger

Autobot Stinger Decepticon in Disguise..

14. Demonss

Demonss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Special powers doesn't seem that interesting to me..
    I hate the pigeon hole of 1 character's "stage."

The fact one could play WFC with friends made it awesome.. Now I know we have the multiplayer. But playing co-op through the story was a ton of fun.
    I'm still very disappointed they took that out.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what would be freakin' awesome: your idea, but with the sound design of Jango Fett's sonic bombs in Attack of the Clones. So it's not so much rock music but this incredible deafening sound. Badass.

16. mysticbiscuit

mysticbiscuit Well-Known Member

Sadly I thought that was the only badass thing about Jango in Attack of the Clones... But your idea is a pretty solid one. Maybe Soundwave will have something like that :) 

17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And yet they put in Grimlock and the Dinobots.

Also having a personality doesn't make a game childish. It makes it not boring and generic.

I'm dissapointed one site refered to the act as "trimming the fat" which is to say co-op was essentially useless and ungratifying.

Yes, some sort of directed AoE attack.

18. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I remember Jazz's grappling hook in the cartoon. I don't recall him ever using his speakers, other than when giving Spike a ride around earth. Also, A grapling hook makes for more entertaining gameplay options, since it gives a chance for vertical gameplay (lacking in the first game). Most if not all of the Transformers' "unique abilities" were only showcased in the first episodes of the first season, never to be seen again. Starscream's nullray was the only one that seemed to be a "standard" that's survived thru the generations.

Yeah, coz a story BASED on kids toys and a kids cartoon about war between robots who turn into jets and robots who turn into 80's vehicles isn't childish.

I don't see WFC or FOC being true to G1. I see it as what it is, a new take on the original story. Granted, in G1, we never saw the Great War, but key elements of the Rise of Optimus Prime as well as other parts of what we've seen happen on Cybertron conflict with the story told in the games. I'm fine with that. That's the nice thing about Transformers. Every version is different, but shares a common core. G1 is different than Armada. Energon is different than Prime, but thru all the various re-inventions, certain dogma stays intact, that were taken from the first, "G1" line. The games do this too.
    I'd much rather have a fun, action-packed game than a boring scroll and shoot.

Like it or not, Grimlock is one of the most identifiable Transformers of all time. Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Grimlock, and Soundwave. Those are the top 5 anyone, even nonfans, have some ghost of a memory about from the 80's. The dinobots are cool, and they help to balance the power struggle between the Autobots and Decepticons by being a foil to Devastator. Sure, eventually a million other combiners popped up in the later seasons, but for me, I always thought of the Dinobots being the force of destruction for good, and Devastator as the force of destruction for evil.

As for Co-op, I like it if it plays to the story or franchise, but if it they must sacrifice the game to make a spot for player 2, I don't mind the loss. For instance, one of my favorite classic games was "Spider-Man and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge" with each level being tuned to the powers of the given hero. Sure, they COULD have made it a generic sidescroller and add a second player, but they chose not to.

19. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I LOVE how they say each level is built around a character's special ability and are proud of it.

Meaning: We get levels that can ONLY be traversed by a predetermined character, using a gimmicky ability you'll only use for that level, and strangely absent in the rest of the game. And grappling hooks? C'mon. These mofos can fly.

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The thing is, I would agree co-op makes for more focused and immersive gameplay, but when the developers High Moon...