Gameloft releases Gangster

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2002
    News Credits:
    In the little world that is Iphone (little as in gaming world), Gameloft is like Konami. Most of the games they release tend to be more than Tower Defense Clones, and for the most part push the limits of the Iphone.

They just released their GTA clone, and it's actually pretty good. It's fully 3D (not overhead), and if it had the GTA logo on it, I would believe it was the same universe, same art style, same driving mechanics, same mission structure. Only it's on the Iphone.

I wanted to play it a bit before commenting on it, but now that I've gone through a few missions, I can say that it was worth the cheap lil price. The game even supports your own radio station which pumps music from your itunes and then of course it has it's own music. The world is decent size and the game has achievements along with the number of story missions. Aiming is easy as is shooting, and controlling the camera is as easy as dragging your finger across the screen as you run.

I'll be playing this one all the way through.
  2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

Jul 2, 2002
    News Credits:
    Yeah it's pretty impressive for the iphone. If they can do this, I think we will be seeing more 3rd person games with a lot of content on the iphone. Games like this will make the other publishers have to publish better games.