Gamecube Trouble

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Eric, May 1, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Not too long ago I got a Gamecube off of eBay and was hoping to play some Super Smash Bros Melee for the first time in a long while. I hooked up the Gamecube, no complications or anything, picture and sound came in clear, everything went fine. So I pop in the disc, and start playing. Unfortunately, the rumble didn't work, so I went into options, turned rumble off, then turned it back on. But there was still no rumble. I switched controllers, got nothing again. Changed ports, no rumble at all. At first, I thought this was a controller problem (and from what research I've done, it seems to be the case), but since I don't have another Gamecube to test the controllers out on, my only other theory is that the problem lies within the console itself. Unfortunately, I could only find one forum that claims so, stating that the Gamecube has a fuse which creates the rumble for the controller, and that the fuse may be burned out. The Gamecube I got works, it just doesn't have any rumble. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    only way to find out is to try a different controller or gamecube. Maybe take it in to a gamestop or a local game store and see if they can help you test it.

3. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That's a good idea.

If the problem does turn out to be the Gamecube, unless you are the kind of person that likes to work on electronics, you might just be able to save yourself some trouble and get a different Gamecube or an old Wii (they play Gamecube games also). Fuses are soldered into consoles so you'd need to know what you're doing to replace it.