Game vs the movie : your opinion !!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by WWMEGATRON, Jul 13, 2007.

1. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

A 1000 pardons if a thread like this has been posted before!! :) 

What you think ?? I got the game for the Wii ,For me the game fell short of expectations!! In a scale 1 to 10 ,I gave it a 4 1/2!!! The game motions become repetitive half the way in the Autobot story and it's the same gig in the Decepticon story as soon you start (with the small detail that with Starscream ,Blackout & Megatron is flying ,and Scorponok goes underground).

You don't play Bonecrusher ,Brawl ,Frenzy ,Shockwave and Rachet(and he is a good fighter too)!!!

I paid over $50 for the game and didn't gave me that much of a thrill of playing it !! I waste almost $20 for a 2 1/2 hr movie and it was WORTH IT !!!

The game ain't worth to have a sequel:(  the movie does !!:) 

But you guys that have the game in other different systems ,what's your judgement ??!!!:inquisiti 

2. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

see I could been able to rate the game if those bastards at Blockbuster would of had the game when I wanted to rent it. They didn't get it till 2 weeks later and by then I lost interest in the game because I saw the movie.

3. LOSTaddict815

LOSTaddict815 Well-Known Member

i love the game and i really love the movie....i like playing the game i dont find anything wrong with it and its pretty easy...and well ive seen the movie 3 times so if course i like it.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Movie hands down is superior. It is an amazing movie.

The game, not so much.

5. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Well, I can confidently say that the DS versions are the best of the Transformers movie games (at least, it does seem to be the general consensus). I don't get why this thread is called "Game vs the movie" though, do you want us to say which one we found more entertaining?

6. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well the movie is a 143 minute experience. With decent replay value on bootleg now and DVD when it hits.

The GAME is an endless no-limit experience.

Neither are perfection and the game feels rushed at times.
    But it is just a priceless experience driving around as Barricade with your lights on destroying all the Witwicky's neighbors, Sam's High school & etc..
    -Being Blackout & doing an excellent replay of obliterating the SOCCENT base.
    -Seeing more then 3 minutes of Starscream and exterminating an airforce base of F-15 jets and more!!! AND getting G1 repaints is twice the fun.

-Being Jazz in his G1 paint scheme & going fist to fist with Starscream & Blackout at the same time and WHOOPIN THAT ASSPRIN!!! Like only Jazz can.

-Then getting G1 Optimus Prime & G1 Megatron & reliving it all over again.
    I could go on, but both have there levels of awesomeness. But your not going to get those experiences anywhere else but the TF game.

But I got to go with the game for replay value & being able to see & control the bots & cons.

7. Zeromagnus

Zeromagnus Well-Known Member

I like um both th same cept the drones and megs robot and alt modes

8. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The game truly is a heap of shit. It's badly designed and rushed. It is a terrible game. But it can be pretty fun at times (although these times don't last long before the frustration kicks in) and there are a few good missions. Jazz vs Starscream and Blackout for instance is probably the highlight of the game.

9. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

I have a question about the game do you get to fly around much as starstream or do you have to fly a little then get back into the action zone?

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'm having alot of fun with the game. I think the one thing that I really like about the game is that the Autobots and Decepticon actually have lines in the game. For the game Blackout actually has a cool voice. Why he doesn't say anything in the movie, I'll never know. I wish you could play as Bonecrusher, and Brawl though. It's a little hard, but fun.

11. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well once you've started a mission you often have to stay in the action zone but there's lots of flying from one zone to another etc.

12. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Pfft, is there a contest? Movie FTW. The game was so lacking in so many ways, god thing I got it on the buy 1 get 1 sale at TRU

13. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends...
    You first get to use Starscream at the air force base where the F-22's were deployed in the film.
    It's free roam until you choose to activate a mission, but if you destroy too much the military brings out more opposition, which means more fun, cuz Starscream is a BEAST!!
    If you fly too far off the radar away from the base, it will warn you then reset you back within the boundaries.

During missions, it's different based on the objectives.
    Sometimes you have to Destroy military opposition that is attacking Brawl & Bonecrusher so you have to get around fast.

Some missions you have to destroy so many aircraft in a certain period of time.
    But most of the time you just get to do what Starscream does best....F*CK SHIT UP TREMENDOUSLY as only STARSCREAM can. He has probably the most effective ranged weapons of all the playable Decepticons.
    [​IMG]

14. WWMEGATRON

Because we can express our opinions as we judged the two!!

15. WWMEGATRON

I know how you feel !! The game came to Puerto Rico the day after the U.S. !! When I went to get it at Game stop it hadn't arrived yet !! What happened was that the box in which MY game was went missing(stolen ,duh) along with other new games !!! It didn't arrive until friday of that week!!

16. WWMEGATRON

Depends on the missions !!!

17. fernbern

fernbern Well-Known Member

Game Vs movie

Well, the movie has it hands down.
    I bought the game the day it was released in USA. TOO MANY timed missions. I hate that. That's one reason I gave up on GTA.
    I have the PS2 version. The autobot missions are easier than the decepticon missions. I still can't take out all of the reinforcements at the air base on the decepticon side.
    My opinion, the game is clumsy, as far as controlling it. And the sub missions are awful! Again, many are timed missions. The Autobot Hoover Dam missions suck.

I have the 2003 "cartoon" Transformers game and it was much more fun. Especially with the cheat codes and my action replay disc.
    Doug

18. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Agreed.

19. alec.zander

alec.zander Well-Known Member

Wow, OK, I played the Decepticon campaign first (DECEPTICONS 4 LYFE!) and found it had some hard parts, but finished it. Thought it was pretty fun (more fun than the autobot campaign turned out to be).

Then I tried the Autobot campaign, and got stuck on those stupid stupid Hoover Damn Dam missions. But now I'm just bored of it....
    Bonecrusher is so amazing, its too bad we can't play as him. Or Brawl, for that matter. They have fully transforming models and everything.

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

The game is way better then the movie. At least the game has a plot, and sadly enough better character developement IMO. Plus the models aren't wasted because of too much motion blur. You actually get to see the Transformers in the game and take them all in, instead of a blurry action scene where you think you saw an elbow, but you're not sure because of all the confussion.