Game Informer: Fall of Cybertron Toys (Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pravus Prime, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
  2. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Rethink your heroes TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "...as far as the arms and the legs, we designed them all appropriately so that they can all be hands or legs. For some reason, if somebody just has to put together that larger figure, and they find two Blastoffs, but can’t find a Vortex, they can do that. There is room for customization within the character himself. We worked really hard to have each character have a hand or a foot in it. You can really swap it around."

That's pretty interesting.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Are the Combaticons going to be each packaged separately for sale, or together as part of a Fall of Cybertron set?

JJ: They’ll be sold as the individual characters within the Deluxe assortment, and so that we ensure that they all get out there at the same time, we’re going to put them in the same case pack. They should all show up at retail at the same time.

AWESOME! They changed distrubution for this guy.

4. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In the same case pack is great news!

And its really cool that each limb comes with a hand and foot.

5. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, did not expect them to make the limbs interchangeable, that's sweet :D  Does that mean Swindle has a hand stored on him though? Since there are no "floating pieces"?

also very interesting to see that they apparently didn't decide to make toys until High Moon showed them the trailer and a demo. That sounds unlikely unless it's a different trailer than what we've seen.

6. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

wow! so this bruticus is going to be a legit scramble city type combiner? thats awesome!! and it looks like they did mention in the interview that these 5, along with OP jazz and shockwave, are not the only FOC toys they have planned. we should be expecting more reveals at a different date. excellent to hear! cant wait to see grimlock, or starscream, or ironhide/ratchet.

7. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

(Emphasis mine.)

I'm pretty sure this is a stupid question, but did we know this already? I can't remember if I / we knew this already or not. We only learned recently that Prime and Rescue Bots were in the same continuity, too.

*does some research*

Oh...I'm only posting this to help other people who might have missed it, or have addled minds like I do...but yes, we already knew this. Which means that conceivably, Rescue Bots characters could show up in Fall of Cybertron (I think it's unlikely, though). And now it looks like I really need to read the Irvine novels.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    The most interesting read of this article has to be the design phase information.

Namely, the to-scale handbuilt prototypes and all. Nothing we didn't necessarily know, but interesting all the same.

9. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really. While the various parts of the Aligned continuity are working from the same "story bible", they're not all directly linked as the article implies. It's not required to read/watch/play everything. You don't have to play FoC in order to watch Prime, and vice versa. Look at G1: the Sunbro cartoon, Marvel comics, Dreamwave comics, and IDW comics are all different from each other, yet they're all part of the G1 continuity family.

10. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By changed you mean that they did the unthinkable and left Bumblebee out of the wave.

11. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Changed distribution? They said they were doing this back at Toyfair.

I suspect the wave will consist of all 8 deluxes, myself. Easy way to keep the old 3 on shelves.

Though if they don't, and doublepack some of them, I'd say they should doublepack Onslaught, Blast-off, and Brawl. Brawl and Blast-Off are clearly the strongest figures, and Onslaught forms the torso so you want to make sure he's available.

12. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Agreed. That would be my ideal choice for doublepacks.

That said, I'm guessing Onslaught, Brawl, and Vortex. I think Vortex is getting more screen-time in the game, and Brawl has definitely gotten the most so far.

13. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Blast Off looks pretty sweet