Galvy Gang - fans of Galvatron of any era...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Funky Munky, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know how this thread will go, but here are some questions:

If you could recolor G1 Galvatron, what would you scheme him as?

Imagine Galvatron in the Sharkticon pit. Do you think he has the strength to punch out a Sharkticon's teeth like Hot Rod did?

2. XanatosVanBadas

XanatosVanBadas Active Member

^ of course he could. Everyone knows Galvatron has only one weakness: Being tossed (especially by Rodimus Prime). Beyond that it takes a time vortex to kill him.

EDIT: Also, icebergs. He doesn't work well with them it seems.

3. AMG

AMG Old School

Back and Red.

He has the strength to kill a Sharkticon with one punch.

4. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    As in it would go through the 'con?

5. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Galvatron being pulled from the lava pits is the best scene ever.

Im pretty sure he would have punched that sharkticon just as easily as Roddy, plus would have let off some cannon blasts with the carcass around his arm to take out a few more

6. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Galvatron wouldn't have been thrown to the sharkticons in the first place.

Hot Rod and Kup were only jumped once they ran out of energon cookies. Do you think Galvatron would have made that mistake?

Or... if through some other means he was at the bottom of that pool, he'd just sit there, cracking his knuckles with the biggest COME AT ME BRO look on his face. Carnage ensues.

Goddam, I wanna see that.

7. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    Never know. Sharkticons weren't really Deceps... didn't have symbols on them in the animation.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I love cybertron Galvatron as he has such a sexy silvery white and black colour scheme and almost defeated all the Autobots.

Plus he has Unicron's power. G1 Galvatron was just a guy that shoulda stayed in teh looney bin or still been voiced by Spock.

9. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    "Sexy"... now that's new.

10. XanatosVanBadas

XanatosVanBadas Active Member

Um, most sources say that G1 Galvatron was endlessly powered by Unicron. Well, at least until after the movie anyhow.

11. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    Why would he destroy the plasma bath planet which enhanced his power?

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    G1 Galvy was the bot. He was damn near indestructible and his mental instability made him very unpredictable.

13. snoopcow

snoopcow Yara Naika?

galvatron wears purple with style

14. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

How about G1 Galvatron in black, with silver highlights? And a red cannon. But a darker shade of red, glowing from the inside. I think that would look cool.

Either that or just recolour him lilac like Takara always do.

I imagine Galvatron turning into his cannon mode and blowing away Sharkticons like skittles. But he'd probably not get that far as the same thing would have happened to the Quintessons, after he went all "graaaaah" and broke free from his bonds. Yep.

15. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Comic Galvatron was the shit. He did whatever he damn well pleased and could beat up nearly any other Cybertronian, often in groups.

Cartoon Galvatron was okay as a parody of himself, but I can't take him seriously.

16. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. Galvatron from the Marvel UK G1 comics went back in time twenty years to build a gun on Earth, so he could free himself from Unicron's control and destroy Autobot City. Not to mention he beat the crap out of every Autobot while he was there. Total badass.

17. Funky Munky

News Credits:
    Like when he grabbed Shockwave and told him it was his turn to die?

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really liked the dimension hopping Galvatron that appeared in the Armada comic. The guy looked very similar to the G1 Galvy we all know, but less portly around the belly. Seemed more serious, less crazed, and the best part- he totally got owned by Armada Megatron with the Star Sabre! I loved how Galvy was so full of himself and monologue-ing on and on about how nothing in the universe could beat him, and then Armada Megs takes him out. Made me smile!

And in the toon, Armada Galvatron was pretty cool too. Same guy, same model, just a different paint job, but it was while he was Galvatron that he teamed up with the Autobots to save Cybertron from Unicron. So I give him points for coming to his senses and seeing the light (and for calling Unicron an oversized trash compactor). :D 

Energon and Cybertron Galvy didn't really do anything for me. They fell into the trap of being so super powerful that nothing could ever scratch them. And unlike G1 Galvy, they didn't have an interesting personality to offset how boring that can be to watch.

19. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Cartoon Galvatron. One-shotted Starscream. Faces off against Unicron. Survived a year in a plasma bath. Busted two planets with his cannon. Destroyed a planet literally with insanity. One-shotted Omega Supreme.

Marvel Galvatron(s). Beat on everybody. Team up with his past self... FOR EVIL. Fought Unicron and survived. Bitched up Shockwave. Could time-travel. Beats the shit out of the Seacons and then Piranacon. Beat Ultra Magnus several times. Killed Rodimus Prime.

IDW Galvatron. Undead bearer of Death's Touch and a harbinger of Unlife. Tanked comet-busting blasts. Regenerates. Survived a solar pool.

Yeah, you know what color Galvatron should be painted? The color badass.

20. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I like the original idea which IDW cooked up for Galvatron; that he was an ancient Cybertronian from Nova Prime's era, as opposed to being a re-formatted Megatron.

Actually, one of my own pet theories is that, in some timelines, both versions of Galvatron could be true; that Unicron nay have deliberately re-formatted Megatron into a being with the name and likeness of the "original" Galvatron (who he may have consumed when destroying some alternate Cybertron in a now-dead reality) and that the inherent contradiction of forcing the altered Spark of one being into a dark echo of another could have made the lapse towards insanity inevitable.

Indeed, the same could be true for Cyclonus and Scourge, too. The "true" versions of each may have been around in Nova Prime's time, only for them to be consumed, and then used as templates for the later copies. Only, unlike in the case of Megatron, the core personalities of each were never quite strong enough to force a debilitaing contradiction the way it did for MeGalvatron...