Galvatron's memory

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

We know how insane he is, but does he still has memory of his old persona (Megatron) as who he was and what he used try to conquer, or his insanity erased all of his old persona?

2. Megatron1976

Megatron1976 Banned

I think he does, but not much... IMO Megatron used more strategy and ther for the mighty Megatron was a better leader for the decepticons.

3. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

i think he remembers it, but more like it was a drunken haze. he knows about it and can draw on experience to give him an advantage but at the same time he probably cant quite put it all together.

i think he also likes to try and distance himself from megatron and his failings. he always refers to his old incatnation in the 3rd person as though he no long has any accountability of megatrons actions and failings.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    ... so by drunken, you mean "overcharged", right?

5. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

It really depends on which g1 galvatron we are talking about, in mean a galvatron in the old marvel run felt that megatron was like a cancer in his mind and made him crazy, so he went back in time to kill him... he did work out that would kill himself to so stop. Another in the UK run remembered everything megatron did and saw exactly so when galvatron went back in time and teamed up with megatron and the two of them started an attack he new what would happen next by remembering what he saw as megatron.

6. supermegatronwd

supermegatronwd Well-Known Member

If I'm correct in thinking galvatrons insanity was cured in the episode web world and when he meets prime in the return of optimus he remembers him being dead. So his memory of being megatron think is fully restored.

7. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    In Web World Galvatron's insanity proved to be too much for them to handle, however I always wondered if getting a dose of wisdom from the matrix in the Return of Optimus Prime might have cured him, he seemed pretty sane at the end of that episode and he obviously knew Optimus Prime so it seems to me he remembers his life as Megatron to me.

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Also he had it pretty much together in the rebirth, true he was trying to blow up the sola system but it was a fairly solid plan and he was quite light on the manic laughter.

9. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

the way the final ending scene appears to me.

by the end of troop galvatron regained not just his memories of his former life of megatron but also his old sense of honor as well managed to shine through in that scene

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

What story are you refering to?

In the U.S. Marvel run Galvatron was sent back in time by Unicron...not to kill Megatron but to prepare for Unicrons arrival.

11. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I think it was one of the UK stories. Even Furman says it gets a bit hazy sometimes.

There was an interesting theory put forth on another forum I frequent regarding IDW's Galvatron. The idea is that the IDW Galvatron, Scourge and Cyclonus are the original "true" versions of those characters and that Unicron uses them as templates to reformat various version of Megatron. I thought that would have some interesting implications for G1 movie Galvatron, essentially leaving him mentally a hybrid between IDW Galvatron and G1 Megatron. Having both psyches in on form would be a bit much to handle.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

sounds interesting.