Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by brianfett, Nov 10, 2010.

1. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I don't think any of the Autobots in the movie knew Galvatron was Megatron, but my question really is why did Galvatron act as if he wasn't Megatron? Did Galvatron even know he was Megatron to begin with? Was he aware of Megatron's actions (like killing Prime), but only know of them second-hand? It could be said that his line to Starscream was proof he was Megatron, but I think his actually killing Starscream was more to prove he wasn't Megatron.

The reason I ask is that if only Megatron's body was upgraded, wouldn't he have still kept his name? He was too conceited to not want his name to go on. So maybe Unicron went so far as to just create a new Transformer from Megatron's body and spark. Megatron was just wiped from existence.

2. E Nice

E Nice Well-Known Member

If that were the case he would have no desire to vaporize Starscream. That was an act of revenge, not fitting for a new guy who just happens to have memories of someone else.

I'm with others in thinking that Hot Rod put the pieces together. Of course he too had the Matrix to tell him, or failing that option Octane would have told the Autobots who Galvatron was once he switched sides. The Autobots had to know before Optimus' line, only question is when and how.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

No. Optimus aside, the Autobots didn't know. And there's no reason why they would have. Megatron was smashed up in Autobot City and never returned.

And aside from Starscream and Astrotrain, I don't think any of the Decepticons got that they were basically the same person either. Again, they only saw a battered Megatron get dumped by Starscream only to have this new guy Galvatron show up and kill Starscream and take over.

A bit fitting too, that Astrotrain and Starscream were the only two on the... stage? and they're the only two to figure it out (or heard Galvatron's "Here's a hint" line).

4. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Not exactly. Killing Starscream was necessary for taking over the Decepticons. He's getting rid of his competition and making an example out of him for anyone else that might think of rebeling against him. He did threaten to kill anyone else that would fight him for leadership. To me it comes across as more of retribution for what Starscream has done and not revenge for Megatron.

5. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

I remember hearing, a long time ago, that, in the comics at least, everyone knew that Megatron and Galvatron were the same person because they have the same face. Like Megatron put on a new suit of armor and helmet.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I saw no indication of that at all.

As a matter of fact, Galvatrons words to HotRod durring their fight is evidence that Galvatron knew full well that he was Megatron.

Saying it was "necessary" is an over statement.

Starscream rebelled against Megatron many times, even once took control of the Decepticons, but Megatron regained control with out killing him.

So it wasnt necessary for Galvatron to kill Starscream just to take over.

And furthermore, his comment when killing Starscream is more evidence that Galvatron knew who he once was.

7. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think once Hot Rod fought Galvatron inside of Unicron then it became common knowledge that Galvatron was once Megatron. Galvatron killing Starscream was his way of stating, I really don't need you anymore and your take overs are OVER!

8. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    I would say once wheelie new from rodimusprime it would be all over the show if there is one thing that, that anoying transformer can do is talk talk talk

9. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Necessary may be an overstatement, but it's certainly inline with the rest of the movie. When Autobots started dying left and right, it makes sense that Galvatron's retaking the Decepticons would be more deadly compared to Megatron's. And like I said, it was definitely a warning to anyone else who may want to take control from him.

As far as the comment Galvatron said, I think it could easily be read both ways. Even as a kid, I took it as Galvatron saying he wasn't Megatron because Megatron would never take it that far.

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I agree its inline with the tone of the film.

And while Gal's comment to Starscream could be considered vague...his words to Hotrod were anything but.

11. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

That's true, I did forget that line there.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

We all forget sometimes:drunk